DuraPower Cell Energized?

The light is within it, yes within its body, oh so comfy and cozy that you can hardly make out its presence. The idea is to incorporate a minitype LED within the traditional AA or AAA battery sans fuss. This is because you may just want to use a mini flashlight at the drop of a hat or because “Lighting Battery” exists. Whatever the reason, it’s a swanky concept and designer Lu Yi presents a fantastic argument to support the case. May the light be with you…..

Lu Yi says:

The structure of the lighting battery is quite simple. We change nothing in the traditional battery structure, but install the minitype LED in the opening of the separatrix of anode and cathode on the top (or bottom) of the battery and conceal the conductive foil beneath the battery package film, which simplifies on/off function. The advantages of such an easy structure are as follows:

• Nothing has been changed in the traditional battery structure and changes in the production process of lighting batteries are slight. Therefore, it is easy for production.
  • The lighting structure does not occupy any battery space and consequently it will not have any impact on the capacity of the battery.
  • The increased parts are minitype LED and conductive foil, which are cheap. Therefore, the production cost is comparatively low.
  • LED boasts a pretty long service life, so recycling is achievable and it is more environmentally friendly. We can see that such low costs and tiny amelioration may enhance so many new functions of a battery.

Designer: Lu Yi

lighting_battery

lighting_battery2

Lighting Battery - LED AA Battery by Lu Yi

• prettyzhou says:

wow,I like this design.But where I can buy this kind of battery ? thankyou !

• Lu Yi says:

well,If you have any questions or want to buy it,please feel free to contact me. O(∩_∩)O ~

Email: maxluyi@gmail.com

• brack says:

For me to buy most new products, it has to save me a step versus using the old product. Fewer steps = A simpler life, in my humble opinion.

Interesting concept, though.

• Alan says:

The idea is that, maybe if im gonna use the battery for fun or playing with it, then this idea may work LOLS…

But if were to be like what you picture has illustrated, going for camping or surviving the blackout, it just doesnt work at all….

Am im suppose to hold the bunch of them all together ? lol

• Ziya Bahtiyar says:

Good idea and good design. But, it have a problem. White LED working (about) 3-4 Volts… If it use a micro DC to DC converter (1,5 -> 4 V); OK…

• driver says:

Thanks for putting up this. I know several people will search for this and find it useful in the future. How much does it cost ?

• Lu Yi says:

It will cost about 5 CNY ( about 1 dollar).
      And I have done the phototype. The effect is perfect. Now This design have a coorperation with battery companyin china. We can see this new type battery on the shop in one year.
      O(∩_∩)O~

• Lu Yi says:

Thank you for your applauding. I have designed a micro chip which can solve this problem .And it could work.

• uoer says:

cool stuff, white cylinder

• AlienzExist says:

OMG. You want to know how much it costs? Can’t you tell that this is a concept?? And what useless concept at that. You say it is MORE environmentally friendly? Yea, lets manufacture leds inside every battery in case someone wants to lite up their tent(someone who camps always has a flashlight.) If you want to make an earth friendly lite for emergency situations, then do that. It seems that your intent was good, and your final solution was rushed and egotistical. “Ah HA! I’ll just design a battery and photoshop a glow on the top! I am GENIUS!”

• Lu Yi says:

It will cost about 5 CNY ( about 1 dollar).
      O(∩_∩)O~

• Jimmy C says:

Get over yourself and THINK for a moment. If you put leds inside every battery, don't you think eventually no one will NEED flashlights?

• it’s original and interesting but I doubt it could be as cheap as a standard battery

• Pingback: Lighting Battery
  • curiosity killed cat says:

Interesting concept. Is there a possibility that there would be a rechargeable product of this if this is successful?

• curiosity killed cats says:

• Adolf says:

Hi Lu Yi,

this is a very interesting Idea,
    please keep me updated with your progress on manufacturing, or tell my how many you need to make to break even and at what cost.
    I would be only interessted in a rechargeable version.

Jakob at affordAAble.energy(at)googlemail.com

• mike says:

Hello, does anyone know where to buy this lightingbattery online?