Sightstick for the Blind

This is no mere cane, all ye adventurers, this is a stick to make the blind see! Utilizing GPS technology, the “Visionplus” interacts with the user through audio and tactile means through the stick. Working with RFID Tag technology, the stick bookmarks specific locations and provides the user critical information. Visionplus is one-hand controlled, improved over its predecessors in mobility, usability, and safety. Sight not guaranteed!

This is VERY similar to the Geo-tagging stick I wrote about on Yanko some weeks ago; the big difference is that this one’s for the sightless. The Visionplus has walking mode and vehicle mode, sound and vibration notifications, adjustable grips and sticks. The Visionplus also uses brail for the hearing impaired!

I… kinda want one for myself. Seems kinda useful.

Designer: Cenk Aytekin

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 01

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 02

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 03

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 04

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 05

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 06

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 07

Visionplus by Cenk Aytekin 08

• Carl says:

this is another product that underlines the reliance on technology. what is wrong with just a white stick? is the world full of lost blind people? infact this product does more to isolate people. if you get lost, stop and ask someone where you are?

• tudza says:

How about echo location? Drop all the other junk, does the phrase “there’s an app for that” ring any bells?

• 12345 says:

it's a good idea.. How much does it cost though? approximately? the technology seems pretty expensive

• 12345 says:

• ERICA says:

I LIVE IN BRAZIL. WHERE TO BUY A GPS BENGAL.?

TANK YOU

ERICA ZANDERIN

• ERICA says:

I LIVE IN BRAZIL. WHERE TO BUY A GPS BENGAL.?

TANK YOU

ERICA ZANDERIN

• Dan says:

Hello, I would like to speak with the designer or team working on this. If you're available, please contact me at the coordinates provided.
    Thanks

• Robert Terrance Mullane III says:

I'd like to know what the Sightstick would cost a person. My wife works as a social coordinator for the blind and visually impaired, as a business. They have many things like this for sale, there. When it comes out of production and is available I would like to know how to get it as a marketable product for the clients. We may well be able to sell a lot of these! Please advise. Robert

• Rita says:

Peço por gentileza me informar onde posso encontrar esta bengala GPS aqui no Brasil?obrigada.

• Milla Castro says:

Bom dia ,

Tenho muito interesse em saber se ja estaão fabricando essas bengalas de sensor? minha filha tem 7 anos e e deficiente visual , quero muito uma dessas pra ela , se alguem souber onde tem nem que seja um prototico , me informe por favor !

• the hills says:

How you look at plastic surgery depends first and foremost on how you appear at your require.
    If you are residing in Miami and want to enhance your appearance then you will need to visit an experienced cosmetic
    surgeon in Miami. The Dilation and Curettage is used between 3 and 14