My Only Dreem! To be Sponsored by a Label!

Hello Extreme Sportsmen-and-women. You know as well as I do that the way to go pro, the way to keep your brain on the slopes, the coping, and the air, is to get sponsored be an awesome label that will pay your way. To get seen by these labels, one of the ways to get seen, that is, is to film and/or photograph yourself being extreme. How to do this? Get the “4P.” It has 2 pieces: the camera and the strap-on band. They work in concert using fast GPS to find and film you in major action.

Flying through the air or grinding the perfect rail. Make sure you’ve got the GPS beacon attached to you, and the camera sitting firmly on it’s lovely little hardcore tripod. The camera will follow you. Follow you doing what you do when you do it.

Though my first thought was “why not just get your friend to film you like everyone else does,” I remembered the times when that just doesn’t pan out. Take for instance the times you’ve got to run over the ramp 8 billion times to get the trick just perfect. Ain’t no friend after the 7 billionth try.

And think of the steady-camness of the situation!

Designer: Patrick Nally

• Henrique Staino says:

Its easier to find 3 spots on the same plane than it is to find 4. Think about that!

• Chris Burns says:

ah yes, but notice also that the cameras stand folds out in basically all degrees inside of 90, so you can basically have 1 to 4 legs sticking out.

• Chris Burns says:

you know, basically.

• Henrique Staino says:

well.. I don’t think it has such a wide angulation. Even because if the stand has 4 legs, it doesnt work properly with only 3.

• Paul says:

Any camera with a compact tripod will work just as fine in a skate park, however the reason a friend is used to hold the camera is because some scaly will make off with it otherwise.

• With either a tracking, shocking, flashing warning device on the camera this problem of theft would be solved.

We like the concept and could work not only for extreme sports but also for traing or coaching all kinds of activities. Dance practice, theatre rehersals, police training, controlled property or personal servalence on demand.

Go for it! It just might be a giant of an idea.

• patrick says:

Hey–this is Patrick (the designer)–some details were left out of the description and I wanted to clear them up.

The reason it has 4 legs instead of 3–is because the camera can go between normal/traditional/handheld use-age and the new autonomous tracking mode; It was a more ergonomic solution to have the 4 legs instead of 3.

Again-the whole point of this concept is that you can set up the camera in a location and wear the beacon and the camera will track you autonomously–something a normal camera and tripod obviously cannot do. It isn’t that a friend isn’t a great option–but not everyone has a friend to help them out or would prefer to do their sport alone and review the tape later. This is a tool for people to capture and share their videos with an online or social community.

This camera really isn’t just for extreme situations–but instead that angle was used to sort of guide my thesis in terms of a target market. I know my dad would have loved this to videotape my soccer games when I was young–he was always stuck behind the camera and not actually watching the action. A future iteration may be made with a band-aid type beacon that can be discretely and safely worn by the subject, but without having control of the camera like the current version allows.

that was long-but I hope it answers some questions

• Reeem says:

A friend of mine did the same product TWO years ago and it has three legs and they are all adjustable in length.

• Rishi says:

Patrick, I want to try this. Is this available to test ?