Interactive Tiles

The I-Quad uses tile shaped LED electronic boards held together by a simple frame and interacts with external devices via USB or wireless. Each tile is capable of a low-res, almost dot matrix-like resolution. Essentially anything can be displayed across these tiles; from communication, entertainment, even ambient lighting.

I like the idea in concept. Wireless connectivity makes it quite useful say if I wanted to leave a note to a family member – a few key strokes on my computer and voila, message appears on the board. I’m not keen on its size because it seems unnecessary. A smaller board with a far more dense pixel resolution would have been much more intriguing to me.

Designers: Soo-Jin Chou, Young-Hee Cho, Young-Kuk Oh, Oh-Jae Kwon & Kue-Hoo Hwang

• Todd says:

The girls are better looking. How about displaying them?

• Henrique Staino says:

The resolution doesn’t seem to be very good.

This would be nice in classrooms. Make it with a surface that you can write on, and the teachers can show slides, etc, writting on them.

Real nice!

• wow, new techboard, thats just great

• Eric says:

Ya I’m really curious, why dots? They seem so big and far apart. Smaller board sure, nobody in a classroom could see it then. The size is fine, the resolution for its intended use is horrible. And i-again, really? Another f*[email protected] i-product?! Sorry but even the packaging looks like it was designed by “Apple of California.” I like the modular idea of this on paper, but if it were to really look like that when I put it up, I would box it right up and send it back.

• Steve says:

I didn’t get how they can led that emit black. Maybe I’m just stupid, but this concept looks flawed

• KwangErn says:

I wonder how you determine where to place the ‘objects’ on screen…

Can you draw on it too?

• tom says:

does it have to looked bubbled like that? could you make the image on the display more clear? make it look real?

• Nic says:

Where can I get this??? Are there any testers for sale?