There is a lot of scope for improvement in the light-switch industry. Intuitive touch sensitive panels have replaced the click-on click-off types. All you need is deep pockets and a sense of aesthetics to incorporate panels like the Revio. The panel boasts of eight program scene buttons, power button, dim/bright control, infrared receiver, program from iCAN network, flash memory, panel ‘clean’ switch and more!
What’s cool about it?
Looks good no doubt, but there is more to it than mere vanity.
- Multiple configurations and re-programming for light settings are possible with it.
- The rotary bezel has a tactile click and a soft rubber grip.
- A ‘clean’ switch when pressed allows the panel to be cleaned without changing light levels.
- Since all the parts of the panel are separate, repairing, replacing or recycling of any individual component is possible without fuss.
- Backlit touch sensitive scene buttons.
- The pre-set programs of lightings are energy efficient.
- Choice of icons (including photographic images) and text language is included in the design.
What is the panel made from?
It’s made using a Polycarbonate/ABS blend mold because the material is durable and ideal for recycling. The clear cover is molded from transparent impact resistant Polycarbonate, which is apt for good light transmission. The on/off button is crafted from brushed stainless steel.
Choice of colors and a contemporary approach complete the package.
Designer: Firsthand Design