Want To Write For Yanko Design?

Thanks to readers like you Yanko Design is growing fast. If you’ve ever wanted to write for us now is the time because YD is looking to expand its staff. Connected to the student base? That’s even better. Part of working on an innovative ID editorial team means research and today’s innovations usually come from students.

You must possess the ability to translate loquacious and long winded descriptions into meaningful, clever, humorous laymen’s terms. You should be able to find or create your own content. Got an opinion on the ID industry? Speak your mind. That’s the kind of stuff we want to read. You’re probably used to YD only writing about concepts but as we grow, we want to expand. That includes concepts, product reviews, industry news coverage, and opinionated editorial pieces.

These are paid positions so apply only if serious. If you live, breathe, and dream design as we do, please apply, we need:

• Three sample posts
• An introduction and why you’re interested in design and writing about design
• Your resume
• Your contact info and scheduling, including a ballpark number of posts per week
• Your rate per post

Once your application is complete, please email us.

• zippyflounder says:

zippy for reporter!

• kattyface says:

What is your deadline?

• Mark Flavin says:

Try hiring someone that writes like a journalist, putting the most important facts first! I’m sick of all the cute verbiage that is irrelevant.

• Fredrik Stenstrom says:

Mark an idiot? I think so. Last time I checked, yanko was a blog and what keeps me coming back here is because of the cute or humorous writing. If I wanted cold hard facts, I would read the newspaper. I read blogs for 1) the entertainment 2) than the facts,

• Christine says:

Everyone has their own preference. Personally I’d like to see Yanko shift a little more towards the serious and factual side just as Mark had suggested. Some articles lack all the information that should be used to inform the reader about the product in question. The light hearted jokes are a nice touch but I find that they are a distraction.

I read the articles most importantly for the designers and their creative new products. It’s inspiring, it broadens my mind, and it’s what Yanko’s all about – the design. The writer’s cheesy jokes come in as a slight bonus.

• Patrick says:

By sample posts, do you mean prospective posts for this site or examples of posts written elsewhere to be used as a writing sample?

• zuy says:

“These are paid positions so apply only if serious.” Ok but is it seriouly paid?

• zuy says:

so i have 84 comments on Yankodesign

• Keith says:

And what do the other to 100 technorati’s pay? What is the pay basis, number of words, or set price per article, etc…?

• Keith says:

Annnnnd I guess that little typo would put me out of the running, lol.

• Keith says:

Gee, I wish you could edit your posts so you don’t look like such a moron here. Apparently you listed your pay basis in the ad.

• zippyflounder says:

never stopped me lol, however if I am getting paid i would use spell check :)

• zippyflounder says:

Ya know there is a problem if your one of the top posters, they hire you and bingo there goes all the flame fanning and insightful commentary….ah well lets hope they don’t see it that way.

• zuy says:

I’m top design commentators on several design blogs … but i’m french !!!

• HunterDog says:

I sent an e-mail… and nobody answered….

• zuy says:

@HunterDogif you are looking for a job it’s usual…
    @ zippyflounder i’m top posters in french design blogs, they ask me to be redactor!!!

• news says:

Hi friends, its enormous piece of writing regarding tutoringand completely explained, keep it up all the time.

• Thanks for sharing such a pleasant opinion, post is good, thats why i have
    read it entirely