The Genovation GXE reimagines the Corvette (an American icon) as an all-electric supercar with speeds in excess of 220 mph. They hold world records as the fastest street-legal electric supercar and in the all-electric standing mile. In fact, they keep breaking their own world records (nine times so far). And they partnered up with Stafl Systems to bring a fresh approach to innovation in the automotive sector. Since 2010, Stafl’s team has helped the top firms in the industry push the boundaries of technology and performance. Today’s advanced lithium-ion batteries don’t just plug into existing systems. They require sophisticated management systems that ensure proper charging and discharging for long-term, reliable operation. Stafl Systems has engineered world-class BMS(Battery Management Systems) products, intended to be integrated into a battery pack design, to meet these performance demands. Stafl’s team members have worked for and studied at the biggest names in electric vehicle technology (including MIT, University of California and University of Washington, NASA and more!) and they’ve joined the company because they want to be part of the pioneering work Stafl is doing. Apply now to be a part of this innovative and pioneering environment!
The Genovation GXE’s motors are fed by a 61-kW-hr battery pack that works under the direction of powertrain control systems designed by Stafl Systems. The cylindrical-style batteries utilize nickel-cobalt-aluminum/nickel-cobalt-manganese chemistry optimized for power delivery rather than energy density. Genovation’s latest computer simulations predict an EPA range of 175 miles!
Industrial designers at Stafl Systems are responsible for conceptualizing and developing original products, addressing user/product interfaces, ergonomics, aesthetics, and manufacturability. Industrial designers collaborate with all members of the Stafl Systems team, including electrical, mechanical and software engineers, programmers and fellow designers on projects spanning a range of industries. Designers help own the concept development process, including the physical form, interface details, color, material and finish, manufacturing processes and packaging designs. Stafl Systems is looking for an industrial designer with a strong eye for aesthetics, and an ability to adapt designs to meet an existing design language. While physical product development is the primary focus, successful candidates need to be well-rounded and comfortable with providing support to related visual design fields as well.
- Conduct research to help define product requirements.
- Develop product concepts.
- Participate in design reviews and critiques.
- Collaborate across disciplines to address technical and other restraints.
- Work with mechanical, electrical, and software engineers and programmers to shepherd concepts to production.
- Provide support for tasks related to UX/UI and graphic design.
- 3-5 years of industrial design experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of UX/UI design and/or graphic design experience.
- Strong concept visualization abilities using sketching and model-making techniques.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, Keyshot, and the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in industrial design, graphic design or a related field.
- Experience designing user interfaces for web-based applications.
- Experience working with CSS and HTML.
How to Apply
This position requires a portfolio submission. Please apply via LinkedIn and include a link to your portfolio on your LinkedIn Profile and/or attached resume.
San Francisco, CA.
Stafl Systems requires candidates to be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship. They are unable to sponsor H1-B visas for candidates. Stafl Systems, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board