The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing





Twisting is a pretty common interaction that we’ve sort of taken for granted. You can use it for any sort of secure tightening (or loosening) action, or even for compression and expansion, especially given that it requires much lesser effort… take the car-jack for instance.

The twisting action is a fun and functional one, and it found its way into this Joseph Joseph Lemon Juicer, and consequently into the Twist Press, a hand-operated espresso maker that can rival a state-of-the-art, expensive, espresso machine. The Twist uses a container with a helical guide, and a plunger that twists downwards, forcing the liquid through the coffee powder. It creates a high-pressure that’s effortless and powerful enough to churn out a thick coffee concentrate that you most definitely wouldn’t get with a french-press or a pour-over.

80% of the fun is in operating the Twist (the remaining 20% is in drinking your coffee, duh!) With the simple, effortless interaction that is a whole lot easier than applying vertical pressure (as you probably would with an aeropress), the Twist allows you to brew the coffee you desire. Just by regulating the amount of water and the brew time, you can make yourself anything from an intense, thick shot of espresso, to a tall, irresistible glass of black coffee. With just three cylindrical parts that can easily be rinsed under running water or placed in a dishwasher, maintaining the Twist is as simple as operating it is… Be careful though, you may find yourself making too many cups of coffee!

Designer: Barista & Co.

Coffee GIF | The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing

The Twist Press brings joy to the process of coffee-brewing