The non-fuss E-spatula is a primary examination device that a doctor uses to depress your tongue and peek inside your throat. This clever gadget integrates the spatula, light, and thermometer and takes the patient’s temperature in just one procedure. The device includes a disposable tip, which is a single-use transparent silicone shell. This helps maintain hygine.
- Traditionally the spatula needs to be used with a separate light, which is troublesome.
- The central light on the spatula activates automatically when the spatula is pressed on the tongue.
- The detecting point at the tip tells the temperature automatically, and the value is shown on the LED screen synchronously.
- The replaceable shell is thin for sensitivity to temperature, and it is elastic to facilitate easy replacement.
- It can be recycled.
- A storage base for the implement contains replacement shells.
- A new shell is put on the spatula when it is inserted into the base.
- It slides out from the side.
E-spatula is a 2012 red dot award: design concept winner.
Designers: Bao Haimo, Tang Ya, Wu Bei, Xu Kun & Qiao Song