Everything you ever wanted to know about Evolve, but didn’t know who to ask…. Ah well, I’m sorry I couldn’t resist the quote. But now that I have your attention, it will be great if you make a note that solidThinking Evolve 9.5 is hosting a 45-minute webinar will include a brief presentation followed by a live demonstration of the new Evolve 9.5. With just two days to go, the webinar will be hosted twice: July 24, 2013 9:00 AM Eastern and 2:00 PM Eastern. Details here.
[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIV_AoOxc7g 600 451]
The news is that Evolve delivers organic surfacing, construction history, and integrated rendering on both the OS X and Windows operating systems. It allows industrial designers to develop forms faster and captures an initial sketch, then allows exploration of styling alternatives and the visualization of products with high quality renderings generated in real time. Ace Hollywood concept artist Ron Mendell says that Evolve is his go-to tool for all his movie work.
- Incredible surface control
- Parameter editing, point editing and global deformation
- Superior geometry creation and editing
- The enhanced ConstructionTree
- Integrated photo-realistic rendering
- Creation of animated sequences
- Improved Windows Support – New 64-bit Windows support maximizes efficiency in managing large files (a 32-bit Windows version is also available).
- Greater Modeling Control – All new Sweep and Blend Curve tools provide greater modeling control and an easier workflow.
- Superior Geometry Creation and Editing – New selection aids such as pre-highlighting, micro-dialogs, and direct hull selection simplify geometry creation and make editing more intuitive.
- Enhanced ConstructionTree –The construction history is now more visually refined and robust.
- Localized Language Support – Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish are now supported.