Exoskeletal EV

I’m not usually into super-compact cars but there’s no denying the draw to this unique beauty. The EXO concept is the result of a challenge to designers Mark Beccaloni & Mauro Fragiotta to create a minimal and compact yet realistically usable urban vehicle. Designed from the outside in, the external geodesic shape is not only aesthetically captivating, but provides serious strength to the structure.

Designers: Mark Beccaloni & Mauro Fragiotta

• MDesigns says:

It is a High School quality project. Sharpen your rendering skills and think things through and you might have a chance.

• Den says:

nice. I like it

• Fred g says:

Very intereting concept. Good job!

• Rahul S. says:

suitable for military ppl.. 😀

• hot designer says:

Great design much better than the boring stuff you see around these days!

• zita santi says:

Absolutely smart!!!!

• Heather says:

Brilliant idea with a design to make heads turn, I like it!!

• KATIA MIRANDA SALEME says:

Excellent and practical concept with a fantastic design. Young Mark Beccaloni promises well. Congratulations.

• Dan says:

Breaks pretty much every design for manufacturing rule in the automotive industry. The reason cars all look the same is so someone can actually make one.

Nice styling but limited to prototypes only.

• Antonio says:

Dear, MDesigns… I saw the real renders and I’m surprised you didn’t look into it. True or not, the designers express their point of view. A point of view that looks similar to the Nissan Pivo 3 (And they did it before the car came out. Check Flickr).

I don’t know too much about rendering but the concept looks feasibly interesting for a potential investors. Show me the materials, cost and use and if it is doable and worth doing, why not. I wouldn’t look at a small line here and there. Or wait, I can see the pixelation!!

Doing the best is always appreciated but when it comes to deign and creativity, I think that conveying the idea is more important. Show of with the pixelation and quality of renderings. Let people listen to you and admire the quality. Game changers will be caught by interest of those who understand (In this case, Nissan did).

Sincerely,

Someone who appreciates the conveying of the ideas other than the rendering quality.

• Antonio says:

That design was made in his first year of Unversity if you look at his bio. Think it was 5 years ago… Don’t think it’s his fault if Yanko posted it in 2012

• Hunter says: