Eggs Anywhere

The ultra-portable Heater Egg Card utilizes a wire-web and thin skin that envelops the egg to reduce heating time. The casing can then be “smooshed” together to make it as thin as a credit card. Small enough to take anywhere in your wallet, purse, or other compact carrier.

Designer: Jidanjiareqi Limian

• crapgadget says:

This idea is beyond dumb. For the egg to coagulate you need 72%. Any warmth you provide beforehand is just not going to save you anything because the excess heat from heating up water will dissipate anyhow.

• crapgadget says:

noticed the USB. 1.5W+warmth from hands to heat an egg, egg isnt a good thermal conductor so i dont think you can cook the inside with that amount of power.

Who wants an egg USB cooker?

• Quintin says:

So, one egg weighs around 44 grams according to wolfram alpha.

Bringing 44 grams of water from room temperature to boiling takes ±112kJ.

That equals about 31.11 Wh. An USB port maxes out at 4.5W (highest spec). It would take almost 7 hours to bring the egg to the temperature that water boils at, using power from a USB port.

That is while not taking any heat losses to the ambient air into account.

Not really a good calculation of how much energy is required to boil an egg, but close enough for this…

• Maryline says:

I love boiled eggs, so I would take an egg USB cooker, but my first concern would be to find a container that will keep the uncooked eggs intact. Once there is an efficient way to easily carry them around, then I’ll worry about cooking them say at work.
    So I’ll stick to boiling them at home and bringing them in.

• Tim says:

I’m completely unfamiliar with the desire to consume a freshly cooked egg in a place other than my home or a restaurant setting.
    Even if this is a desired product, I’m on Quintin’s side. Do the math before you do the Maya.

• Jimmy C says:

Hey guys, guess what? I love the Egg card and I hope it will be patented so I can buy hundreds of ’em!

• Rawwhale says:

I’ve had a growing suspicion this site is just an elaborate joke or a commentary on how awful modern design is.

This proves it.

• chop saw says:

I do agree with all the ideas you have presented in your post.

They’re really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short
    for newbies. Could you please extend them a bit from next time?
    Thanks for the post.