The Perfect Pocket Phone

I love me some snug jeans! The only problem is that I also love my big phone, and squeezing it out of my pocket just to check texts or the time can be quite a procedure. The slim, minimal Glance phone by designer Alan Farías is tight-jean friendly and features a genius little screen on its bottom side in addition to the larger main screen, so even when your phone is in your pocket you can take a discreet glance down to check the battery, see who’s blowing up your email, texts, twitter, or even to casually check the time.

Features:

Front 4 inch OLED screen with scratch resistant glass

Bottom 2 inch OLED screen

Front facing camera, and back facing camera with built-in flash

Mini USB connection

3.5 mm headphone jack

Dual speakers for stereo sound

Designer: Alan Gerardo Farías

• Onassis says:

I wouldn’t mind buying this, when it comes out. Can’t wait for more features 🙂

• Ray says:

That’s actually kind of cool.

• Alan says:

Thanks for your comments. Feel free to visit my portfolio:

• Silas says:

Although an interesting design I am not so sure that the upfacing screen would be beneficial enough to warrant such a strong effect on the form of the product (would you really look down and be able to see the suggested information comfortably? what about the more corpulant population? Belly in the way!)

In addition, the portion of the phone sitting proud of the pocket is a pick pocket’s dream!

Constructive critism all!

• WZhangID says:

I would have liked this better if I hadn’t seen the sketches.

• Alan says:

Silas, interesting comment.

WZhang, yes, I need to improve my sketches … working on it. 😉

• Sean says:

Agree to Silas, I don’t think the upfacing screen is good for any use. May be it’s only for the jeans type of pant and those who stand all day round?

It’s interesting to have the “hook” on the pocket. But there will be more work need to be done when need to access other things in the pocket?

just a thought 🙂

• SShiverBBrains says:

How do you type?

Vertically, you can’t grip or reach the bottom 1/3 of the screen.

Horizontally, you lose the entire right side.

I agree about the pudge issue or even an untucked shirt. Only works for skinny people in jeans wearing belly shirts with super-vision.

• Jason Wang says:

I absolutely love it. Great work, man.

• Dave says:

I rate this highly, the comments about pick pockets and viewing angle are apt, but I gotta say as a motorbike rider, the idea of a phone I can just glance down at without fishing it out of my pocket appeals to me immensly. Then throw in meetings, lectures, dates… all the places where its socially poor form to pull a phone out, just being able to sneak a glance, brilliant. My suggestion would be to find a way it can be viewed whilst seated and a “Silent” button on top.

I think there’s definately a market for this product, whilst there has been a surge lately of folks who pull out a phone mid conversation, there are still plenty of people who rate courtesy highly enough to warrant the “glance” concept. Oh… plus it stands up by itself! awesome!

• Grey says:

Top Shirt or Coat/Jacket pocket will solve this issue… and those with “pic pocket” comments should not buy phones, as this is obviously an issue.

In terms of typing, i suggest think of placing the screen on the back of the unit so that there’s not obstruction in front.

Nice work! Glance concept is a definite win!

• Thijs says:

I ride a motorcycle daily too, but I wouldn’t have anywhere to fit this in my leathers. And I’d be worried about losing it because it got blown out of my pocket.

I do really like the glance concept as you put it. I would very much love to have something like that on my phone. Just a tiny oled screen or something that tells me the time and some other important details. Very much like Android does with the LED on the phones. So I would like to see that part returned in a real phone.

Keep up the good work!

• Nerberg says:

Man! You’re good. That looked like a really nice phone.
    Paired with the respeonse of an iPhone with Android OS = ultra-win

• Lmwodo says:

this is pretty sweet i could see this a a droid or a galaxy out there in the future

• Volkert says:

This is absolutely brilliant – I would definitely buy it. You might want to add (or point out) a full metal (aluminum) body, like the HTC Legend, to assure the user that, yes: you can actually sit down without breaking it.

And you could add a ‘grip’ of some sort that will allow you to pull the thing out of your pocket (I have great trouble with that at the moment). I know: the bulge itself seems to enable that, but then you’d probably grip the curved part of the screen – and I really like that part too, so please don’t loose it 🙂

Of course, a grip would also enable pickpockets to do their stuff, but hey – you can’t live in fear. Live dangerous 🙂

• zool says:

carry less things.

• asd says:

its also perfect for pickpoketers 🙂

• Hi, I do think this is a great web site. I stumbledupon it 😉 I am going to
    come back yet again since I bookmarked it. Money and freedkm is the best way to change, mayy you be rich and
    continue to guide others.

• short url says:

Right away I am ready to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming over again to read additional news.