Emotions of My Cycle

Like it or not, social networking and emotional status updates have become an integral part of our cyber life. We keep looking for new avenues to express our “emoticons” in the real-world and the Bike Light is one such way. Milled out from one solid piece of aluminum, it encloses an 8×8 LED dot matrix light setup. You can download personalized graphics, animations or phrases to use as the rear light. Why? So that you can let strangers on the road know that you are sad, happy or flirty!

The Bike Dock is constructed from ABS plastic and hooks up to the bicycle’s dynamo using a USB socket in the back of the light. It can even be plugged into a home computer and be programmed via web-based software. You can even socialize and exchange new creations using networking sites like Facebook, Twitter or Flickr.

Bike on with a smile!

Designer: Fraser Mort

[youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzUDN2-963w 600 451]

• Brilliant! Where to buy it? 😉

• Brilliant! Where to buy it? 😉

• Funny, I was thinking the same thing, where can I buy this? Not only would you eliminate the whole "hand signal thing" but this could be a major safety improvement for cyclist who want visibility at night…GENIUS!

• Funny, I was thinking the same thing, where can I buy this? Not only would you eliminate the whole “hand signal thing” but this could be a major safety improvement for cyclist who want visibility at night…GENIUS!

• hotspot says:

yes, where can we buy it?

• hotspot says:

yes, where can we buy it?

• @AlbertLlort says:

I absolutely love the emotional concept, the personalization and the idea of social networking interchange among other users.
    I think it's great!
    I even think that this light is not only a playful emotional status update but also an informative display for other drivers which can act like a blinker or like a direction panel, that contributes to a safer road circulation. It allows infinite possibilities.
    The only "but" that I see is the dimensions and the weight matters. I find it too heavy and too thick to carry it on a bike, you can find other smaller 20 gr. led lights that even make more light, despite your light allows more applications. It also must be always fixed to the saddle bar. Nevertheless, I like it and I think this idea has great possibilities!

• @AlbertLlort says:

I think it's great!
    The only “but” that I see is the dimensions and the weight matters. I find it too heavy and too thick to carry it on a bike, you can find other smaller 20 gr. led lights that even make more light, despite your light allows more applications. It also must be always fixed to the saddle bar. Nevertheless, I like it and I think this idea has great possibilities!

• Grey says:

You will need to find a way of actually control what it says on the fly

• Grey says:

You will need to find a way of actually control what it says on the fly

• Riky Lobuno says:

Rly want it! So cool! Where to buy it?

• Dom says:

i love this i want! but i also want that BIKE WHO MAKES IT? been trying to search the net for it but no go. 🙁

• I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog.
    Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues? A number of
    my blog readers have comllained about my website not operating
    correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you havce any tips to help fix this problem?

• Youtube.com says:

It’s hard to come by educated people about this topic, however, you sound like you
    know what you’re talking about! Thanks