Lifebook or Voltron?

This Lifebook concept merges multiple portable devices together to form a single computer. ‘Lifebook Frame Series’ features an integrated and detachable multifunctional unit – the ‘Lifegear’ device, and a clear structured frame-based layout for each component to slot into. Within the Lifebook, the Lifegear serves as a number pad, touch pad, graphics tablet as well as a social network interface. When one is on-the-go, it can be used as a smartphone.

Designers: Patrick Decker & Florian Langer

This Fujitsu concept is a part of the Fujitsu Design Award that was organized by Designboom.

• Mike Barnard says:

I think I prefer the previous Yanko variant of this. Bento box luxness vs plastic frame. I'd be worried about the devices falling out.

Cheers,
    Mike

• Mike Barnard says:

Cheers,
    Mike

• vogelcube says:

I agree with Mike. The Bento box I think is the better design. However, this is more practical for a consumer – instead of a modular system this is basically a Desktop-Netbook that can be expanded via phone. Replace the Lifegear phone with an Android phone a la Atrix or an iPhone, and you've got a discernable device that has a purpose as a maximized phone/minicomputer, albeit one with a really awkward touchpad location.

• vogelcube says:

• Anthony says:

This reminds me of the bentobook concept except it’s got hollow frame.

• Anthony says:

This reminds me of the bentobook concept except it’s got hollow frame.

• pimpelipompeli says:

Looks like the DVD portion is out of proportion.

• Matt says:

screen formats need to be scaled versions of the widescreen monitor. This screen size willc ause all manner of fugly problems.