When a Knife and Fork Get Together…

I spent several minutes staring at the Twin One knife and fork companion set. It’s a nice modern design by Adrian and Jeremy Wright (omg are you guys brothers?). Minimal, appears well balanced and definitely made for durability thanks to the nylon and over moulded rubber but the “awesomist” feature is the two can connect to form a sort of spring-loaded chopstick. I WANT ONE just to try it out. How about it guys? Oh, question… what’s up with the missing spoon?

Designer: DesignWright for Lékué

• Ashley says:

I like how the other end can be used as chopsticks.

• Ashley says:

I like how the other end can be used as chopsticks.

• Hannah says:

I think it is ok to leave the spoon out. In Thai culture, for example, the spoon is used in addition to the chopsticks- in other words the spoon crosses cultures. It makes sense to use a spoon and then choose to use either a fork (American) or Chopsticks (Asian). What a great idea! I love this product.

• Hannah says:

• someone says:

yes, because everyone knows the forks are americanl, fail.

still, cool design

• Krotch says:

Ah, the good ol' American fork again… and by American did you mean the Canadians, the Brazilians or which of those American countries exactly?

• Krotch says:

• sonnet says:

the dish ran away with the spoon

• sonnet says:

the dish ran away with the spoon

• Jimmy C says:

I WANT IT! I NEED IT!

• Jimmy C says:

I WANT IT! I NEED IT!

• Tristan says:

Okay… This seems to breach at least one golden rule of usability: when you combine features into one device the functions souls not be compromised (at least past any convenience gain).

Personally, I see a pretty design and would reach for a pair of chopsticks or a knife and fork.

Hope this isn’t considered trolling but I just can’t help myself.

• Tristan says:

Hope this isn’t considered trolling but I just can’t help myself.

• Alyssa says:

wow so interesting!

• Alyssa says:

wow so interesting!

• teto says:

Great! i love it!! Really good design!

• teto says:

Great! i love it!! Really good design!

• Permission to Hate. says:

There is no Spoon, neo.

• Krotch says:

And no teaspoon either, corkscrew, crab utensils, a file or tweezers.
      You point?

• Permission to Hate. says:

There is no Spoon, neo.

• Krotch says:

And no teaspoon either, corkscrew, crab utensils, a file or tweezers.
      You point?

• Ronakyle says:

woh.. what a great idea! I wonder if I can use that even thought I do not know how to use chopsticks. It was hard for me to pick small foods.

R.kyle
    Product Design Company

• Ronakyle says:

R.kyle
    Product Design Company

• Ronakyle says:

R.kyle
    Product Design Company

• Chris Graham says:

Hmm. Very interesting, but also very useless. Why turn the fork and knife into chopsticks when you have a fork right there? The fork makes chopsticks obsolete.

• Krotch says:

On the same logic of simplification why use a fork when the dagger served for millenniums, or have so many different cars when you had the good old Wolkswagon? Because YOU CAN and because some people actually prefer using chopsticks, and some, such as myself, like using it only part of the time with specific foods.

• Chris Graham says:

Daggers weren't used as forks. Forks, in one form or other, have existed for thousands of years. Chopsticks are primitive and impractical. Sure, maybe they're fun to use, and I guess that's as good a reason as any to invent this item. But it's funny to see a fork and then say, "Oh, hey, wow! This fork can turn into a more impractical, primitive tool!" It's just funny, that's all.

• Megan McCarthy says:

Actually, forks were invented after the other eating utensils. The knife and the spoon have been used since prehistoric times while earliest known use of the fork is with the Greeks. So your statement is incorrect. It might not have been a dagger per se but it was still in the form of a knife.

• Chris Graham says:

• Krotch says:

• Chris Graham says:

Daggers weren't used as forks. Forks, in one form or other, have existed for thousands of years. Chopsticks are primitive and impractical. Sure, maybe they're fun to use, and I guess that's as good a reason as any to invent this item. But it's funny to see a fork and then say, “Oh, hey, wow! This fork can turn into a more impractical, primitive tool!” It's just funny, that's all.

• Megan McCarthy says:

• lacritique says:

it's gonna break sooo quick…

• lacritique says:

it's gonna break sooo quick…

• Wouldn't the for make up for the chopstick? they should have replaced it with a spoon instead.

• Krotch says:

Some people actually prefer using chopsticks, and some, such as myself, like using it only part of the time with specific foods. A fork is not the evolution of chopsticks therefore rendering it obsolete.
      You should design whatever it is you want made… let us be the judge of your knife+spoon super utility pls.

• Krotch says:

• Krotch says:

And no teaspoon either, corkscrew, crab utensils, a file or tweezers.
    You point?

• Krotch says:

Nice design! It's the first combo try that I've seen which looks like it might work well.

• Krotch says:

• Meghan says:

Those are called Forkchops, and my sister has a pair, and has had them since she went to china 4 years ago.
    Not a very original idea…

• Meghan says:

Not a very original idea…

• chris says:

WHERE CAN I BUY THESE?!?!?!

• chris says:

WHERE CAN I BUY THESE?!?!?!

• DJbel says:

Forks and knives are French my friend.

• Beaulieu says:

Ha, you missed the joke completely.

• chris says:

Duh of course they invented the fork, right before they founded the British empire!

• Kevin says:

Imagine you’re at a Chinese or Japanese restaurant and you don’t know how to use the pair of chopsticks that your waitress gave you. Doesn’t matter now.

• alyssa says:

because chopsticks are asain… LOL FAIL.

• KyleWith says:

Perfect for someone like me, who can’t grasp how to use chopsticks properly.

• sdfgsdfg says:

I’m pretty sure he just meant that an American would use a fork and an Asian would use chopsticks, he wasn’t trying to say forks are an American utensil or they originated from America. Don’t be so quick to assume so.

• KNITEpanda says:

It was a Matrix reference dumbass….

• beautiful design i liked it