Interactive Bus Kiosk

When we think about the ultimate bus kiosk, we might envisage this concept simply called the Bus Station. In just one unit, you get weather, search, rail and line information and even a way to plan your trip. The touch based user interfaced is designed to be simple and minimal and the screen can be rotated to provide a different perspective. However, implementing units like this seems expensive, especially when something similar could be disseminated directly to smart phones. Is this too little, too late?

Designer: Soonkyu Jean & Jaeryong Lee

• victor_lekweuwa says:

In Japan, the Japanese-english dictionary could be disseminated into a smartphone, but they choose to produce it as a separate entity. Keep that in mind when you make the decision. Btw, nice job.

• victor_lekweuwa says:

• victor_lekweuwa says:

And how big will it be? The size of a cellphone or a human height?

• David says:

Why was the final design black it looks so intimidating and destroys any kind of emotional connection! You mention 'design for all' but the display looks so complicated and confusing, i think people could react badly to this.

• Jerm says:

I disagree David, I think the merit of this design is its contemporary look and feel, and if placed appropriately could work really well. In my opinion it would be most suitable within a secure location such as a transit terminal, as it may be a quite prone to vandalism and damage. In the UK there are already much lower-tech terminals which give timely transport information, but not the auxilliary stuff. And I dont get why it has to rotate…

• est says:

it may be contemporary, but i agree with david there's no emotional connection. I don't feel anything for it. If this must be black, I suggest the screen/user interface to be of brighter colours. If everything is so dark, I wouldn't even bother to look at it. The interface shown here reminds me of navy/warfare/radar system, gives me a very discreet and mysterious feeling, very intimidating at the same time.

• David says:

• Jerm says:

• est says:

• Joseph says:

i agree with David
    And what is the resolution of the screen??
    We can put any Advertising on this ??or only Bus info ??

• Joseph says:

i agree with David
    And what is the resolution of the screen??
    We can put any Advertising on this ??or only Bus info ??

• Mason says:

Its a terrible idea. Period. However, it looks good.

• David says:

What is the need for it to revolve, massive potential failure point. If the connection is lost then the whole thing is redundant. The someone would have to come and repair it. Another added cost.