Music By The Window

Eclipse is a media player that uses the photovoltaic cells on its backside to draw in solar power and sticks onto the window via a suction cup. As expected of any “good media player”, this one too features Bluetooth connectivity to steam in music from your MP3 player or catch weather updates, podcasts & radio. The speakers are built-in but the cutest aspect to the design is the compartment to hold your music device. It resembles the compartment used in cassette tape players from yester-years; the evident “eject” button et all!

Suggestions for Android and iPhone users to download Eclipse App for “interesting screen savers as you play your favorite songs”, sounds cool! Perks of being a concept I tell you!

Designers: Hoang M Nguyen & Anh Nguyen

• Wow! That is cool!

• Wow! That is cool!

• This is very cool. This is what I expect from Sony.

• This is very cool. This is what I expect from Sony.

• anon says:

Interesting use of solar cells & I like the form factor though I question how it actually works. I understand it's a concept but is that panel big enough to power/recharge an iPhone/Android? How does the needed plug work with the eject function? Why does it need to be retro with the cassette look (seems antithetical to the branding objectives of all of the major electronics companies out there)?

• anon says:

• Very cool! With many little things running on solar then we're using less energy off the grid and paying lower hydro bills.

• ANH NGUYEN says:

CHECK OUT MORE OF OUR WORK @ http://WWW.CREATIVESESSION.US

🙂

-ANH

• Soo Yung Kim says:

Sony sent me one last week to test. This thing rocks!

• Soo Yung Kim says:

Sony sent me one last week to test. This thing rocks!

• Ethan says:

Cool Creative Ideas!! love it!

• Ethan says:

Cool Creative Ideas!! love it!

• duckylover23 says:

I would love to test one of these things out, but i just have one question, don't suction cups fall off windows in cold weather?
    or is this a special suction cup?

• duckylover23 says:

or is this a special suction cup?

• SOLAR TUNES says:

That is so cool I would had called it ( SOLAR TUNES) solar meaning powered by the sun and Tunes meaning music………. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?????

• SOLAR TUNES says:

• bbinokotoks says:

I don't need connectivity or toys, just a way to load the music and a solar charge that will work so my husband will stop running the generator when we're out camping – the faster this is available, the better for my marriage. I've been watching this product for more than a year now, and the last time I asked at the local Sony store, the guys looked at me like I was from Mars. Any chance it will actually be released into the market any time soon?

• bbinokotoks says:

• Alex says:

I’d think about some optional external speakers for something like this. With packing in an interface and solar cells there’s not going to be a lot of space in something that thin for quality speakers and even then most speakers thin enough to fit something like this are usually not all that great. Other than that and the stuff already mentioned, this is one of the better, more realistic concepts on this site.

• Jimmy C says:

By Jove, they’ve got it!

• You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and extremely broad for me.
    I am looking forward for your next post,
    I will try to get the hang of it!