Bottles Sound So Sweet

When the aim is to design something that is eco-friendly with minimum resources and the end product should not be some fancy faff but a real working device; the challenge becomes really tough. Liteon Awards usually have this premise for designers to build upon and this year is no different. Let’s look at the Green’s Voice, a speaker that is powered by paper battery and uses an empty recycled PET bottle for its functioning. An amusing idea that reduces the use of material plus resources and looks equally neat.

Designers: Nien-An Lin, Ya-Fang Cheng & Genius KYE Systems Corp

• Den says:

Just can't resist:
    some days ago was sent to YD other version of bottles recycle: http://den-k-den.livejournal.com/136912.html

(all stages of building can be found here: http://den-k-den.livejournal.com/tag/design%20thi

And in therms of good sound it is much better to put speaker differently than in project for Liteon awards.
    I have sketches but it is still not made in real.

• Radhika Seth says:

Hey Den, I do remember that submission of yours and I think it was a great DIY project too, hopefully next project will come in with brilliant images and pictures as well! Great Job! 🙂

• Den says:

Just can't resist:

I have sketches but it is still not made in real.

• Radhika Seth says:

• Den says:

Have a nice day Radihika.
    No problems with submission rejection – for me it's just a home fun hobby 8^)

I also thinking how to made my other DIY bottle-sound project, but it is not so easy to work with glass bottles in home 8(
    Hope, sometimes it will be finished and I'll send it to fantastic YD-magazine!

• Den says:

Have a nice day Radihika.
    No problems with submission rejection – for me it's just a home fun hobby 8^)

Hope, sometimes it will be finished and I'll send it to fantastic YD-magazine!

• pedro says:

Why would you want to have your speaker pointed to the sealing ? :O

• pedro says:

Why would you want to have your speaker pointed to the sealing ? :O

• Den says:

It is not only pointed to the ceiling but the centre of weights of construction is to high also 8)
    But it all can be easily corrected IMHO. Just put speakers on it's side 8)))

• Den says:

But it all can be easily corrected IMHO. Just put speakers on it's side 8)))