Snail Cooking Is A Faster Process That You Think!

One of the Electrolux Design 2010 Finalists is the “Snail”, a micro induction heating system that relies on a high density sugar crystal battery for energy. It uses the power to heat up coils to conduct the magnetic induction process and heat the food in the utensil. It features in-built sensors that detect what you’re heating and adjust the settings for food type, time and temperature accordingly. What I like is that it can be stuck to any sized pot, pan or mug and moreover you can use 2 or more Snails at once, depending upon your meal and utensil-size.

This cute, portable heating and cooking device sports a touch sensitive display with a simple interface to keep a tab on your cooking.

The theme of the completion being cooking in the future, The Snail captures this essence for the simple reason that it is compact and practical. If its reheating that you are aiming for, its form is a fraction of the microwave; making it a better choice.

Designer: Peter Alwin

• mif991 says:

I like this product concept. I don't have a clue if it would work and how much energy it will store to heat, but the presentation and aesthetics are clean and attractive. I highly doubt it will ever become efficient enough to heat that large pot though.

• This heating system seems to be much secure than any other else. It has been designed for safety and handling. This is the reason I must say it has become popular now.

• mif991 says:

• biography says:

Are you serious. Wow, that's one hell of a contraption. Look where technology is taking us. Some day into the future we will not move a thinger and just look outside through the window while we're automatically fed. :))

• biography says:

• cherokee says:

good!!! 1

• cherokee says:

good!!! 1

• ringo kan says:

i prefer use this technology to make a pad ( use under the pot /pan) look nicer and more efficiency

• ringo kan says:

• Aman says:

Read the comments on the following post : https://www.yankodesign.com/2010/01/07/a-pack-o-he… and i think they apply to this one too. The idea is nice but fails miserably on physics. I also read a news release on sugar crystal batteries, they are talking about milliwatts and just to boil a liter of plain water at 14 degree C, it takes about 100 watts at a time span of 1 hr, let alone cooking.

• Aman says:

• decaPODA says:

dubey.. is it you ? lol 🙂

well, point taken. but at the same time most of the ideas which come down winning all these competition r totally based on “we-ll-have-this-tech-in-near-future”

well, idea is good. atleast wen one look at tht helmet thing. i didnt even bother to read what it does 🙂

aur suna..aaj kal kya kar raha hai 🙂

• Thanks for sharing a information about this new product. I really appreciate to meet to it. I have great opportunity to purchase it in low cost.I really emphasize to your post.Admire!

• The UI of these electrolux products is breathtakingly beautiful.

• The UI of these electrolux products is breathtakingly beautiful.