Come, Tell Me Your Fears

As grown-ups we are mature enough to deal with stress and fears in an adult fashion. But with children it’s a different rationale. You never know what situations may trigger fear and what objects may give comfort. To cope with growing pains of children aged between 6 and 9, is this unique toy called Echo. Modeled on the lines of the string-phone, the toy has an acoustic pipe running from its ear to its belly, so that they can tell it secrets for safe keeping. Naturally the voice gets modified in the belly, creating unique sound effects of a conversation.

Echo has a small pocket on its side, to keep emotional objects like pictures etc. How thoughtful!

I’m sure as a child many of you must have been attached to some toy or a comforter for security. Mine was this old tattered doll that I used to carry everywhere! She was my best friend and I used to play teacher for her! What was yours…care to share?

Designer: Emi Schenkelbach

• Kaz says:

I dunno but that thing kinda looks pretty scary to me.

• Kaz says:

I dunno but that thing kinda looks pretty scary to me.

• TanningsSam says:

The general form is nice.
    Wooden parts look inappropriate.
    Also, the inner material looks cheap.

• TanningsSam says:

The general form is nice.
    Wooden parts look inappropriate.
    Also, the inner material looks cheap.

• Tom Sullivan says:

What a great Toy/Device. One that speaks to you wanting. Awesome. Is this product to market? Can I purchase it? Bravo! Tom in California

• Tom Sullivan says:

• Sally says:

I think this is one of the most beautiful and thoughtful toys I have ever come across.
    For a toy with no face, I think it has a lot of charm and character – kinda cute in a way I can't explain.
    Well done.

• eva says:

kinda cute and it looks safe for the kids… well done!

• So those are ears… I thought they are the arms. Nice design, just got me a little confused though. Is there electronics involved to modify the voice?

• Cool idea, I'd love to have a recording of the sound you get though, that's the main selling point

• Nicky1093 says:

Interesting idea, it would be nice if it was a little more cuddly looking. Like some sort of animal and maybe the make the wooden part sticking out more of a mouth made out of fabric instead of wood.

• Nicky1093 says: