Not Your Typical Dishwasher

Most dishwashers are the size of a washing machine, taking up as much space. What if you are a small family unit or a singleton? You don’t need such a huge size for 2 plates, a glass and some dishes? The Instant Dishwasher addresses these questions and comes off as this table-top version that integrates comfortably into your kitchen counter. A sliding top reveals a pull-up basket for your dishes, and more importantly it’s placed right next to the sink for easy plumbing and waste disposal.

Developed with the help of Bosch, Robert Lange looks to have done his homework well. This is what he has to say, “The dishwasher has a basket that goes up and down a shaft, where all the nozzles are located. All the other hardware like the pump, the air turbine, the flow heater, and the water tank are in the bottom of the device.”

Designer: Robert Lange In Collaboration With Bosch

Instant Dishwasher by Robert Lange In Collaboration With Bosch

instant_dishwasher2

instant_dishwasher3

instant_dishwasher4

instant_dishwasher5

instant_dishwasher8

instant_dishwasher7

• Ron says:

Amazing. I want one.

• Guido says:

I would definitely buy one of those.

• Rus925 says:

Great idea for apartments. If you can keep the price reasonable, I can see these going into many stylish-but-small NYC apartments.

• Rus925 says:

• Vincent says:

maybe a smidgen larger

• Vincent says:

maybe a smidgen larger

• garg duldub says:

Beautiful. if only i wasn't so laughably poor! off i go to compare prices on large packages of off-brand oatmeal!

• garg duldub says:

• munique says:

Love it! Where can I buy it?

• munique says:

Love it! Where can I buy it?

• Tina says:

Good renders, but it seems too similar to the concept developed by Ernesto García for IGNIS on 2008/2009. http://www.etiart.com/ernestogarcia/velowasher.ht

• Tina says:

Good renders, but it seems too similar to the concept developed by Ernesto Garca for IGNIS on 2008/2009. http://www.etiart.com/ernestogarcia/velowasher.ht

• Nibby says:

Or you could just wash the dishes yourself. It takes like two seconds and would save whatever you spent on this fancy thing. I like the general idea but it's just really not environmentally friendly. Are people really this lazy?

• Nibby says:

• Joe says:

Wow that's useful. Wash 3 dishes at a time. Hope you don't like having guests or you just like using paper plates a lot. Don't know how instant it is but it may be less labor intensive to wash them by hand if you have a lot of dishes.

• Joe says:

• Jeni says:

I would buy it if it fit a set of two.

• Jeni says:

I would buy it if it fit a set of two.

• Alex Groh says:

One of the few ideas on Yanko I've seen approaching plausibility. As an illustrator who routinely works 16 hour days, this would be something I might consider if the price point were low enough, if only for the reason that it might allow me to toss the dishes in and get back to work faster. Of course, given that it only appears to wash one place setting at a time, I don't see it being too much faster to set up than it would be to do them by hand, so it's a fine line as to it's usefulness.

• Alex Groh says:

• Mina Manina says:

I think is perfect for us girls that like keeping our hands pretty… We don't have to cream them after washing the dishes, no difference if its a glass or six plates, and our nails will last longer.

• Mina Manina says:

• titamou says:

That's the most usefull idea i've seen so far. i'd like to know about the electricity and water consumption of this mashine and how much time does it need to complete.

• titamou says:

• katrina says:

That's pretty interesting. I'd probably opt for the size of maybe two baskets though. For example, when cooking, you might accumulate more dishes, so just a tiny bit more would be nice.

How fast would this take? Couldn't be too long. If it's really short, like 30 – 60 seconds, then maybe the size is okay.

Also, would this be energy efficient compared to doing a typical dishwasher (that is, if you waited for it to fill)?

• katrina says:

• Gina says:

its a cool idea, except for the fact that it appears to only wash one place setting at a time…

• Gina says:

• Barsha says:

This is really cool and futuristic

• Mike says:

Nice but what about pots and pans?

• Alfred says:

Shut up and take my money!!!

• Adina Hirschmann says:

Reminds me of a toaster.