Concrete Memory, Get Totally Cemented

Using concrete for tech products is almost unheard of, so this Memory Weights USB Stick crafted from cement comes as a pleasant surprise. I really dig the way the capacity of the USB is branded into the block. Just to add a fun twist; the weight of the block is similar to the capacity in terms of grams…so simple and elegant, yet rugged!

Designer: Shu-Chun Hsiao

concrete_usb

Memory Weights – Concrete USB Memory Stick by Shu-Chun Hsiao

concrete_usb3

• tom says:

What about one with 10 Terabyte? 😀

• Iperpaolo says:

Good idea to rediscover cement,a lots of plastic objects could be converted in cemented, but this thing will broke my NetBook into two pieces

• fred says:

Just what I needed… a heavier backpack

• brian t says:

Strictly speaking, it would be better to talk about Mass rather than Weight, if you are going to make it a design feature. Scales are only calibrated in grams for the sake of convenience here on Earth, but Weight is actually a force measured in Newtons (w = m.g). If one of these were taken up to the ISS, it would weigh nothing, bit it would still have the same mass.

So, how about 1TB = 1N Earth weight? 256GB => 0.25 N => approx 25.5 grammes mass. About 1/10 the mass.

• Jon Xuereb says:

the weight equivalent hinders the ability to increase storage capacity too much

• Hd3 says:

Yeah… and what about a special ultra heavy weight supporting USB connectors?
    What a waste of time to make the 3D models of these…

• Breddlbohrer says:

Am I the only one checking the scale? 128g weights only 115g …

• brian t says:

Saw it, don’t care – it’s all virtual anyway, Blender and Photoshop. You don’t think the “designer” actually _made_ any of these, do you? That would mean getting his hands dirty.

• Breddlbohrer says:

Come on …

So, if he really “actually _made_ any of these”, ok, then I would perhaps accept a difference of 13g (man, what a tolerance)

BUT

Blender, Photoshop, [insert fancy stuff], and then the flaw with the scale … would be the work of a dilettante.

Anyway, I love the concept 🙂

• Wolfy says:

How long before someone looses an eye at a LAN party when his buddy tosses it across the room to him?

Concrete is a good idea, but I am thinking that these need a keyring or necklace hole on it and likely a silicone cover to make it softer for portability.

• darknessangel says:

I think this is perfect for the office! Not only will everyone give your usb stick back, but also… you may kill the perpetrator of any theft if found!

• weight nazi says:

actually, the 128g stick weighs 115 gramms. take a look at the scale!

• terry says:

It’s a really good way to find a use for all that extra concrete they ordered that they will no longer have a use for once they finally get the memo telling them they BUILT TOO MANY CONCRETE BUILDINGS AND THEY ARE IN A REAL ESTATE BUBBLE!
    Plus they can sell them on ebay!

• celexa US says:

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but great topic.
    I must spend a while studying much more or understanding more.

Thank you for wonderful information I used to be looking
    for this information for my mission.

• Tobias says:

I have a very large impact on the fuel efficiency of the automobile
    industry has experienced a slump,but theatermarket car
    partsindustry has been running fine. Andd these will
    read in the file and display it, and then.
    Buying employed truck pieces rather than brand new ones for your upkeep of his orr
    her vehicle, vehicle repairs skoda fabia combi as well
    as trade customers.

• Anyhoo – anti corrosive valve Jan 05, Pres Obama still plans to close
    Guantanemo. They might have the most amazing feeling.