Two Motorcycles Become One Car

This is the real deal in modern wild design. This is the “Plug-In” affordable youth mobility project by Ramesh Gound. According to Gound, there is a big “buy 1 get 1 free” shopping attitude in the market around the Ahmedabad area of India. This simple concept gave Gound the idea to take two motorcycles and attach them in the middle. Each motorcycle is owned by its respective party, a young person with a big appetite for sports vehicles but a small pocketbook, then they attach. Once two motos attach in the middle, they become that fantastic sports car from heaven.

Two drive-by-wire bikes are owned by separate people. They wanna attach them for a longer drive or some sort of trip that’s not great for motorcycle, or hey, if they just wanna cruuuze… they attach in the center of the two.

The hood is made of D3O, which when the bikes are not attached, stows away in the bike configuration. This whole concept is aimed to take on congested cities such as Mumbai.

NOTE: some info from Gound — This project is my final year Diploma project at National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad India sponsored by Renault Design India.

Rock it!

Designer: Ramesh Gound

Plug-In affordable youth mobility by Ramesh Gound

pluginmobility02

pluginmobility03

pluginmobility04

pluginmobility05

• Hartigan says:

Great renders but Wait, Wait! …What??!!!

• Lude says:

Nice idea, quite practical and fun.

Althought that thing of sharing your vehicle… in a couple or friends it sure works, but I think people would prefer to own two so they can have the freedom of crusing in car mode when they want, not depending on their friend or whatever.

But… There´s one thing that makes go “Hum…”, it´s the shape of the bike in bike and then attached in car mode, they seem different.

In bike, the usuall gas tank area is round, but then in car mode the back part of that tank seems cutted out, creating space for the passanger to sit, but I don´t see any lines on that area while in bike mode…

Also, don´t understand where that renault style front comes from.

• mif991 says:

I wouldn’t want to be caught driving a blob like this in my town, let alone in a long trip. Uncool. I give props for the idea, not execution.

• rwonfiver says:

Is it only me, who thinks that this can move both forward and backward?? The seating posture show for the bike suggests its opposite to how the vehicle would move when clubbed together to form the concept car.

• Ivo Spasov says:

make car transforming to plane 😉

• Mac says:

Wait, does the last slide say you "zip" the bikes together? Is there any other explaination of how the two parts are held together?

• Mac says:

Wait, does the last slide say you “zip” the bikes together? Is there any other explaination of how the two parts are held together?

• walter says:

hey nice work just asking if u can please help me with the hdri environment files..been searching for those for a while now

• walter says:

• Matthew Hicks says:

Hey… Right nice renders, But major floor…. Two separate motorbikes… two separate engines… Two separate speeds.. How do the engines link so that all 4 wheels are in movement together? two wheel drive? 4-wheel drive? How would it work. Nice boards though.

• Hi, I do think this is a great blog. I stumbledupon it 😉 I may revisit once again since i have saved as a favorite it.

Money and freedom is the greatest way to change, may you be rich and
    continue to guide others.