Update: Now Closed!
LG, Autodesk, and crowdSPRING in the same breath can mean only one thing: Time to participate in LG’s Design The Future Competition. This year there is a certain twist in the tale, so do you consider yourself a designer up for a real-world challenge? There is little room for speculation because you need to design a revolutionary mobile device that will appeal to the cellphone-generation of United States, 2-3 years down the line. Drawing up a long list of specs will get you nowhere, but illustrating an innovative new experience or story on a 1024 x 3072 pixels page can win you some real handsome booty. There’s even a chance to have your design be made into a non-working mock-up by guest judge Russell Bobbitt, a world renowned movie prop master (Star Trek, Iron Man and Iron Man 2). Imagine seeing your mock-up in Bobbitt’s next blockbuster film. How cool would that be?
Eligibility: Any U.S. resident (citizen or green card holder) that is 18 years (or age of majority in state of residence) and older.
Start and End Dates: The competition began on March 15, 2010, at 12 a.m. PST and ends on April 26, 2010, at 9:00 a.m. PST.
Winners will be announced on May 14, 2010 at www.crowdspring.com/LG/winners.
- First Place: $20,000 Cash Award + 1 Wacom Intuos4 medium tablet (ARV of $349) + Autodesk industrial design software (ARV of $500)
- Second Place: $10,000 Cash Award + Autodesk SketchBook Pro software (ARV of $100)
- Third Place: $5,000 Cash Award + Autodesk SketchBook Pro software (ARV of $100)
- Prop Master’s Choice: $3,000 Cash Award + Autodesk SketchBook Pro software (ARV of $100) + 1 non-working concept mock-up creation (ARV of $4,000)
- 37 Honorable Mentions: $1,000 Cash Award
Official rules can be found at www.crowdspring.com/LG