The Perfect Gift For Your Woman

It’s quite apparent that all ladies will have a soft corner for the Accessories MP3 Player. Honestly, how many MP3 players can be as subtle and discreet as this! Fashion statement, jewelry, bling…you name it, and it’s there! I adore the little loop earring that goes into the ear as headphones, now only if Cartier or Tiffany can get a whiff of this…

Designer: Lee Won-jun

Accessories MP3 Player by Lee Won-jun

Accessories_MP3_2

• steve says:

I really need somebody to explain the electronics of this and how they’re transferring that signal. Just looks like a piece of jewelry and I’m guessing the designer assumes that a company could turn it into an mp3 player. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but from those photos and a basic knowledge of electronics, it doesn’t look like a working model.

• Kathy says:

I don’t like this…

• 创意 says:

vrey good ,i like it!

• 创意 says:

vrey good ,i like it!

• David M says:

If this came in A2DP Bluetooth and steel, I’d go for a new ear adornment look.

• RN says:

I love it. I guess you have to be a woman to fully appreciate the use of this idea.

• Christos says:

Don't have to be a woman. Just have to appreciate finely honed technology in combination with otology.

• Christos says:

• ERA says:

uh, no, I'm a woman and I don't appreciate this idea at all. it doesn't look very stable, or like it could have good sound quality, and what's keeping it from popping out of your ear?

please don't make generalizations about gender, you make us all look bad. being female does NOT mean preferring appearance to function.

• ERA says:

• A Woman says:

Ladies and gentlemen we have found ourselves and annoying feminist

• Femanon says:

Wow, shut up, you sound like a dumb beezy.
        “please don't make generalizations about gender, you make us all look bad.”
        Are you SERIOUS? Get over yourself.

• Disc says:

Good lord, lady. Pull that fat stick out of your feminist twat.

• Nora says:

Is this real because if so where can I get one? I would love to own it.

• Greg says:

Ok, I think it is a great idea, but I have simple questions like navigation. skip a track, random, volume? I have no doubt it can be done but will it be user friendly in the least.

• Ashley says:

I would grab this as soon as its launched. I have more accessories than electronics as I like to match everything. I have tons of laptop/ iphone cases and earplugs.Lady Gaga headphones are my latest purchase.I found these cool headphones in this online store and I instantly bought it. http://www.abt.com/product/44058/Monster-12944700.html

• notguest? says:

that is just too cool. i’ve been trying to come up with a small unnoticeable design for headphones forever. i just lack the know-how to be able to make it. if this were real, i would SO get a pair for myself.

• Geekman042 says:

It likely uses Microlink Bluetooth tech. Honestly, I’m surprised we haven’t seen something like this sooner. the technology’s been there for years.

• Kridza says:

How much will this cost?

• TheRealRandini says:

obviously photoshopped….

• voltron says:

how do you buy this?

• Benjamin Koshkin says:

That wouldn’t last 2 minutes in my wife’s ear.

Benjamin Koshkin

• Jake says:

This things seems really similar to the seashell from Fahrenheit 451. Scary.

• karouda says:

there isn’t enough space for the speaker. you cant just cut the center out of a ear bud. it doesn’t work that way.

• Kay says:

Apparently you didn't look closely enough at the first picture to notice the small U-shaped speaker on the back of the small loop.

• Kay says:

• Shree says:

As a woman and as student who wants to go into design, I really love this. Even as jewelry and not an mp3 player, it is quite lovely. Add the music and I’d totally buy it.

• Ginny Underwood says:

OMG, I have gotta get myself one of these! Well, actually I need about 6 because they’d make great gifts too! I put a link on my FB acct. Very cool indeed!

• Scott Corgan says:

My Woman would rather wear an iPad in her hands!

• Function will follow after designs been formed. there is no reason why this WOULDN”T work. Oh yeah, because we can’t fly and we can’t walk on the moon, and we can’t teleport. Get over it. 😛

• We certainly do have the technology. Just not likely the tech to make a bud so small with good quality. Don't know for certain, but for most women, it would be better than looking like Lady Gaga. (Which is great if you can get away with the look.) A basic wireless receiver and transmitter would be sufficient. We've had THAT tech for ages. Then they could stick the Ipod in their purse.

• Che says:

I want one!!! If they're really are out there. That would be awesome. I could listen to music at work and no one would know!!

• Che says:

• Cochlea says:

These are so innovative! Love it.

• Cochlea says:

These are so innovative! Love it.

• Testy Guest says:

It's a concept. God. Really.

• Testy Guest says:

It's a concept. God. Really.

• ajdin says:

hii every body

• ajdin says:

hii every body

• Shoku says:

Aside from the issue of trying to move audible volumes of air with the size of speaker you could fit onto that-
    How the hell are those supposed to play for more than a minute? They've got to pull off what we typically relegate to double A batteries but even if you for some reason think you can run a speaker on something smaller like a watch battery you still couldn't fit one in there. And then there's the matter of actually broadcasting/receiving the wireless signal.

But hey, we can cram a battery in there somehow anyway right? Wireless headsets of the over the ear variety can get about 100 hours from a double A, or like 30 if you want to use a rechargeable (NiCad).
    An earbud is about as big around as a double A battery.Looking at this it is pretty clear that the inner radius is half of the outer radius. By the whole pi*r^2 we can see that the outer radius would make for a disk 4 times the size of that hole cut out from the middle. So being nice and not shrinking the volume more for a new wall of metal to actually enclose the stuff this cuts that by 25%. Ok, 75 hours would be fine and dandy but you'd still need the thing to be as long as a battery while this is clearly a curved cylinder. Double A's about little more than 3 times as long as they are wide but I'll be nice and round that down to 3 (if it was longer I'd have to cut a bigger fraction away.) So one quarter of the width (remember, I used the radius before, the diameter is twice that,) means we need to chop it down to 1/12th the size. He we are at an actual 58 minutes, which I will round up to an hour. Quite a bit longer than we'd expect from having downsided a double A battery so many times but we have to make it smaller still. If you sliced a battery you'd still have those hard corners at the top and bottom like the original battery.

With the actual thickness of the small cylinder being 1 of whatever unit this works out to be the square shape of our batter slice would be 1 square-unit but a circle of the same with would be 78.5% of that, so we would again decrease the batter by about 25%. So a little longer than 45 minutes remains.

Oh shoot we've overshot the real value again. This thing isn't a full donut, it has that gap in it between the two silver caps. They look to add up to another right angle, assuming the batter doesn't extend up past where they begin. Well, shearing another 25% off would be mean so we'll give it up into the capwhich means we've only got to shave off about half as much as that. Ok, so 40 minutes remain.

…if the entire ring were a battery. How much do we have to divvy up to all of those other things needed for the battery (like the extra volume of casing you'd need for the battery, the diameter taken up by the ring itself, etc) and how much would you have to chop out in order to have a signal receiver and speaker also inside of the loop?

Now there is exactly one way in which my time evaluation has been unfair- a smaller speaker will need less energy to move so earbuds don't suck up as much power as over the ear headphones. Just use your own experience of how big the difference is to bump the number back up.
    *Although the speaker would be much smaller still on these that doesn't matter much. The big difference is that the speaker is closer to your eardrum because sound strength decreases exponentially. Double the distance and you need to move four times as much air to get the same volume. Because this would be as close as earbuds are it still has to move that much air. A tiny speaker would suffer from efficiency issues if it were even capable of the volume of normal earbuds but I was aiming to give a very generous estimate instead of a pessimistic one. Reality would probably mean much much less battery space but even if it didn't we've got something that would be too impractical for most of us to use.

• rebecca says:

its easy to point out flaws… i don't know much at all about design and technology but clearly you do… so maybe instead of pointing out everything wrong with this why don't you stop bitching and prove that this could aactually work

• Shoku says:

• rebecca says:

• dnicole says:

There is a hearing aide called the Lyric that is placed into the ear canal by an audiologist. Completely invisible. but works amazingly. The battery life is about 3 months and it is turned on and off with a magnet. I feel like if they can develop that technology there is no reason why they can't develop this.

• dnicole says:

• funvblog says:

Really perfect for women

• funvblog says:

Really perfect for women

• Lucie says:

There's something gross about electronics that you have hanging from your ears.
    And as for being "the perfect gift for your woman", I'd really prefer it if my boyfriend got me a home entertainment system with surround sound and a subwoofer that made the floor shake. But that's just me.

• Lucie says:

There's something gross about electronics that you have hanging from your ears.
    And as for being “the perfect gift for your woman”, I'd really prefer it if my boyfriend got me a home entertainment system with surround sound and a subwoofer that made the floor shake. But that's just me.

• Riley says:

I really like this idea, is classy and novel. I assume the larger ring is a wireless transmitter, and the "ear buds" rest in your ear and transmit the sound. I have a really hard time with new ear buds and headphones because I have very small ears, and a head to match. But this design looks comfortable and practical. I think that it is designed well and I hope to see this design released.

• Riley says:

I really like this idea, is classy and novel. I assume the larger ring is a wireless transmitter, and the “ear buds” rest in your ear and transmit the sound. I have a really hard time with new ear buds and headphones because I have very small ears, and a head to match. But this design looks comfortable and practical. I think that it is designed well and I hope to see this design released.

• sur says:

from where i get this?

• sur says:

from where i get this?

• Ute says:

Don't know where to get one, but I want one! The technology looks feasible to me, it looks like it's adapting what has been developed for hearing aids (which have really tiny and strong batteries and have become quite stylish over the years).

• Ute says:

• Neffi says:

I so want this!!!! :O
    is it out in the market?

• Neffi says:

I so want this!!!! :O
    is it out in the market?

• i am chinese
    …hello… i am not good at english
    i am traveling at these website ..you know
    i am not good at english
    i ..just a student
    i talk to you because i saw your face on
    these message ..and i think you are very handsome and cool…okay..byebye…

• Wikusik says:

dont wanna be rude but that was my idea in 2007- 2008, that's so uncool 🙁 should put it here earlier 🙁

• Jordyn says:

where can I buy this!?!?!?!