All I Ever Want Is The Smartbook To Be Real

And then I’m ready to go to Geek Heaven! One of the reasons why devices like iPad and other tablets exist is to satisfy this urge in us to stay connected to the web world. Latest touchscreen phone also carry the same incentive, but somehow both the devices have one flaw: tablets lack an external keyboard and phones lack the screen real estate. To bridge the gap we have the really innovative Smartbook; a Smartphone that flips open to become a QWRTY keyboard and syncs with its personalized PC Tablet.

Designers: In-oh Yoo & Sun-woong Oh for Metatrend Institute

Smartbook All-In-One Device for Mobile Optimize by In-oh Yoo & Sun-woong Oh  for Metatrend Institute

smartbook1

smartbook2

smartbook3

smartbook4

smartbook5

smartbook6

• no good says:

What is the “DIFFERNCE” this & ‘iPad”??? OS? Concept? LCD Size? I don’t know.

• Anthony says:

It’d be neat if the keyboard could be used for texting on the phone. It could project your chat window using laser or pico projection onto whatever surface you lay the keyboard on, then type away. Just a thought for those that hate typing on tiny keypads and T9. 🙂

• William Furr says:

That is really slick. I especially love the keyboard concept. I just ordered an HP Touchsmart convertible, and I don’t much like the keyboard on it. I wish it was a slate, so I could pick my own keyboard to go with it.

Let me know when that keyboard is available as a bluetooth accessory for sale!

• Anonymous says:

I only forsee one problem with this.

It says the tablet pc is what actually functions as the mobile phone, while the “keyboard” is just for inputting numbers.

So if I understand this correctly…the keyboard without the tablet PC is useless? AKA, to have my cell phone with me and working, I would need both the tablet AND the keyboard at all time?

• quantum says:

How are the computer and phone connected, because if it is by something with limited distance like blue tooth, then wouldn’t you have to carry the computer everywhere with you to use the phone?

• foncin says:

its useful and beutiful! i like it!

• Agefgogue says:

Блог понравился, только комментариев много ненужных. Почистить надо.

• Hartmut says:

There are a couple of issues with this design.
    1) As mentioned before, you need the tablet to use the phone
    2) The keyboard is either too small, or the headset will be too big to be usable

• Hartmut says:

There are a couple of issues with this design.
    1) As mentioned before, you need the tablet to use the phone