Sexy Steel Case For iPhone

When compared to my leather Plain-Jane Capdase iPhone Case, the Sheet Metal iPhone Case looks smoking HOT!. Thankfully this is not one of the YD staples of being a concept, yes it’s available for purchase! Sleek Steel on the outside is combined with silicon padding for the innards and clever cutouts tackle wireless signals and heat emissions. Only dilemma is that with the iPhone I opted for a candybar style, this cover makes it an awkward flip, if I walk the middle-path…apparently you needn’t flip open to talk. Essentially, the decision is on leather vs steel then!

Designer: Ryan Glasgow for LtdTools

iphonecase

Sheet Metal iPhone Case by Ryan Glasgow for LtdTools

iphonecase3

iphonecase4

• Lamah says:

I’m trying to imagine how you’d slide this thing, with little flaps and stalks sticking out everywhere, into your pocket. What exactly is the use-case here?

• Radhika Seth says:

LOL Lamah…think women like me who pop in their phones into handbags with all sorts of stuff ready to scratch the phone! Ah think women for a change 🙂

• brack says:

I was with Lamah for a second until you mentioned this. I would never put it in my pocket, but you ladies and your handbags…I get it.

• jin woo han says:

how a u ?
      I’m 99% sure, it could be sold 5 units max, including their family.

• Radhika Seth says:

Good to c u after such a long time Jin Woo…how hv u been? Do you want one of these for u or shd i get all 5 for my family …lol.. 🙂

• Gunnar Tveiten says:

That is one mindbogglingly ugly case.

• Will H says:

I wholeheartedly disagree, that is a truly awesome case. I don’t see anything that would make this unfriendly to pockets. My only issues would be that the cover isn’t removable and it doesn’t look like it swings all the way around to lie flush with the backside. Now I want to make my own with a CNC machine.

• Woody says:

Make those hinges uniform with the sides and not protruding out, and we’ll talk. Otherwise nice design.

• Jason says:

Let me start by saying that I DO NOT own an iPhone and am basing my comments on some info I found while doing some research. To start, I love the idea of this case, it is simple and streamlined and something I would buy. However, there is one big functional problem as I see it. The case appears to cover the light sensor on the bottom left hand side of the face. This sensor controls the brightness level automatically. By using this case, I believe the light sensor may incorrectly “inform” the phone that the user is in a dark area and this would tone down the brightness. On one hand the phone may be more difficult to see on a sunny day, on the other you may extend the length of time this phone will hold a charge.

• Victor T says:

looks very cool, but not comfortable in my pocket….

• karl says:

Is it an Autobot or a Decepticon? Anyway, there is also one for the ipad, which doubles as a aluminium can crusher

• Tim says:

This does not do it for me. It is the complete opposite of what the iPhone is. Its boxy, industrial and well…in my opinion, ugly!

It looks like it has been made in a shed, it has a hinge (that isn’t necessary for the phone).

No thanks.

• Noel Wiggins says:

nice just right for those that miss the look of the cell phones from 1990’s !

Thanks and Regards

Noel for Nopun.com
    a graphic design studio

• Marzaday says:

After all the time and effort Mr Ives and his elves took to get the Iphone looking great and sexy why would you put it in this? If I wanted to have a phone that looked like a Stormtroopers one eyed dog (Turn last picture 90 degrees clockwise) I would buy a Motorola! (Just kidding Moto).

• vanderleun says:

Just the thing for going through all those metal detectors out there.

• kps9727 says:

My first thought when I saw this, literally, was “Kirk to Enterprise”. It looks like the communicator from the original Star Trek series. That could be good or bad, depending on your market.

One other observation is that there should be a cutaway to allow the user to answer the phone (slide to answer) without having to open the case.

• Wraith says:

ROfl, I love it, now where can I buy one?

Do you mind releasing the size specs, I would love to make one myself (gotta go brush metal black)

• firite says:

looks wonderful! Only one thing… The liberal use of steel might cause a reduction in wireless connectivity for the phone, no?

• Tim says:

Hate seeing concept stuff from designers but not for sale. Who cares then. He should just sell them.

• Tim says:

• Trym says:

How do I get to order one of these? And do they ship to scandinavia? 😛

• Trym says:

How do I get to order one of these? And do they ship to scandinavia? 😛

• Taken sometime in 1949, this photo shows an unidentified circular flying object during the Jitney Carnival at the St.
    Peter and Paul Church in Norwood, Cincinnati, Ohio.