It’s Not Rollercircle, It’s 3D!

It’s called “Rollersphere,” and it’s coming to run you the heck over! I would not get in the way of this one, let me tell you that. I’d mostly expect it to be the work of otherworldly being if I saw it rolling smoothly down the highway. What the heck! Let’s have a little discussion about it! It’s designed by Krasimir Emilov Asenov out of Bulgaria and it’s dependent on electricity. Not just one electrical engine, but several, each of them powered by an accumulator battery and a nice new solar energy system.

Woo doggy can you imagine going over some large ramps in this? I don’t know what would happen. I do know the potential for this is fast. The accumulator batter and solar energy system work in concert like this, there’s a folio of solar sensitive cells on the outside that collect power, supplying it then to the electrical engines. Seem simple enough? Oh that’ll be no problem I bet!

The vehicle moves on a kind of tire mechanism. This mechanism is based on a “speed track system” which means that many treads, each of them covered in elastic, flexible, and strong material, work together to make the car rock and roll.

On the other hand, the designer notes that the vehicle could also employ driving-belts alternatively, making it possible to rotate around the vertical access of the vehicle.

It’s all based on a gyroscopic system, the handling to be handled by joystick. When the driver wants to go left, the vehicle tips (or bends) in left, to go right, the vehicle bends (or tips) right. Just like one of those speedy motorcycles on the fast track.

As for landing after a huge jump — this vehicle does have shock absorbers. The materials used in creating the vehicle will be light, materials like carbon or titanium, so the cage must be strong. The bones must be strong if the skin is soft, you see? The guts (you) must be kept safe.

Also, just for kicks, there are also furrows on either side of the vehicle so that it might some day run on tracks, like a modern day train system.

Designer: Krasimir Emilov Asenov

Rollersphere futuristic car by Krasimir Emilov Asenov

rollersphere02

rollersphere03

rollersphere04

rollersphere05

rollersphere06

rollersphere07

• widepers says:

wow, very interesting. I can’t really say I agree with the mechanics (there are at least some wheels missing on the bottom) or shape (why is it spheric, it kind of suggests it will really roll), but nonetheless interesting.

• Victor Assis says:

Looks like a helmet with two seats for toys. Be careful how you treat the perspective in your renderings, this doesn’t look big as car, but small as a toy.

• RobHimself says:

Imagine getting a crack in that windscreen. Ouch, that’s going to cost a few bucks to replace.
    Also agree with the fact that braking from any significant speed will roll this thing…

• Brennan says:

Yup, it’s just a spherical monowheel. That comes with all the same problems the originals did: You cannot physically stop in any reasonable amount of time or distance.

Sorry, not practical in the slightest.

• Tom Joad says:

Axis, not access.

• SmartGuyInTheRoom says:

Its not a monowheel, its a spherical shaped, tank- like, tracked vehicle. Add some gyros for stability and it might be fun!

• Riddler says:

Too many questions unanswered like how does one enter the vehicle? What models of electrical engines have you looked at for size comparison – it doesn’t seem like it can generate enough speed to warrant any comparison to the sports car shown in the final image.

• Ryton Dzimiri says:

Dear Copycat,

I hope you are well aware that you have stolen my idea and made it yours. The best way forward is to contact me and work with me in finishing this ground breaking invention of mine to avoid catastrophic shame.
    I invented this spherical car in 1991 and published it on public domain (Star Newspaper South Africa) in 2004.
    There is no way you can run in front of me and claim my invention. I am currently finishing my degree in the United Kingdom in order to finish the invention I started.
    It is worthwhile to contact me and work with me than to face my retributive response to your false claim.