The Bio Alternative

As an alternative to the present variety in mobile phone batteries, Bio battery sounds like a plausible solution. It feeds off carbohydrates (sugar) and utilizes enzymes as the catalyst to generate electricity. With the promise of lasting three to four times longer on a single charge than conventional lithium batteries, investing in a can of coke (Sometimes Alcohol!) every now and then doesn’t seem to be a bad proposition. Add to this, water and oxygen as residue when the battery dies, makes the concept sweeter!

Designer: Daizi Zheng

nokia_coke

Soft Drink Powered Battery For Mobile Phones by Daizi Zheng

nokia_coke3

nokia_coke4

• theSupporter says:

Anyone realize it says “haveing”?

• ceebee says:

that is interesting.

• brack says:

if it worked, I don’t think you would have any trouble getting one of those soft drink companies to promote your product.

• Lamah says:

Thanks, but I’d rather have my nice compact cellphone which lasts in standby for 20 days using a regular lithium battery.

This design solves a problem which does not exist.

• Yo says:

Since it last for many years after disposal, your lithium battery does a lot more than just feeding your cellphone.
      Maybe this design solves a problem which you are failing to see, in a better way.

• Lamah says:

Enjoy your cellphone that can’t even fit in a pocket and will be covered with sticky Coke, then. I’ll stick with mine.

• Yo says:

@Lamah

• Martin says:

Well Lamah, the problem that it solves is the pollution in the manufature of the lithium batteries, and the pollution of the disposal of said batteries.
    Which is gigantic not due to failure or life-cycle, but due to people changeing cellphones once, twice or thrice a year…
    Its a big problem, and it would be solved.

• SkyWay says:

So there should be more people like me, who has been using the same cellphone for six years now? Works like a charm, with a lithium battery. If this could be conceived in a properly compact and non-sticky way and have the similar amount of energy in it then I’d go for it 🙂

• Jonas says:

the only “smart” item I can come up with is to make some kind of backpacking charger with this technique. As replacement for batteries… well maybe not optimal. I guess the energy needed to produce one can of coke is not negligible.

And the argument “I always drink coke anyway” is not a good argument… Stop drinking coke instead.

• Antonio says:

That’s so nice. I like one of that!!!!

• Marlene Bundy says:

This looks like a fraud.

• Beauty is only skin deep and inner beauty
    is what matters most. Now I know that she has mentioned potential cosmetic surgery for her nose earlier, but this hit me
    tremendously hard. In particular, changes were noted in the ways patients perceived their own voices, and their emotional responses to them.

• ” How uncomplicated those words roll off our tongues. The website will have a special section called “The Rainbow Connection“, which will serve as a social media site for children. It now encompasses everything from women’s clothing to eyewear to underwear to tailored suits.

• I think the admin of this site is genuinely working hard
    in favor of his website, for the reason that here every stuff is quality based information.