Wind-Powered M6 Speedster

This right here is a wind-powered car. It has three wheels, a giant fin on the back, and inside this post there’s a pretty lady standing next to it. Now, that’s pretty impressive by itself. But! What else is there? There’s a sweet paint job, Formula 1 carbon composite body parts, rudder, wings, and a direct current motor that converts small wind into momentum!

Intrepid learned design-minded readers, humor me for a moment here, tell me if this could possibly work:

The M-6 is wind powered car which is solely powered by wind. it runs on a direct current motor which converts small wind in momentum, as the momentum increase the intake of wind drives the car faster.

Then take a gander at the rest of these statistics that could very well stand on their own, without a wind-powered motor. The body of the car is indeed made of carbon composites like a Formula 1 racing car. It uses its rudder and wings as sails, allowing the car speeds of up to 120 miles per hour. It produces zero carbon emissions, looks fresh, and reminds me of a certain “Racer” family-owned car team.

Designer: Funfere Koroye

m6windpowered01

m6windpowered04

M6 Wind Powered Car by Funfere Koroye

m6windpowered02

• FabZ says:

You can’t be serious! Do you really need such wide tyres. I admit a formula 1 needs so. But this speedster would take advantage of thinner tyres in order to reduce friction strenght. I guess the first picture is dedicated to Daniel Simon, isn’t it? Who else?

• Confucius says:

Hahahahahahaha.
    Speed racer called, he wants his car theme back. (its from the 50’s)
    Daniel Simon called, he wants his hot chick back.
    Kelly Slater called, he wants his surfboard back.
    Xzibit didn’t call he just turned up and took his rims back and popped a cap.

This is an extremely amateur concept sorry, you have ALOT to learn.

• brian t says:

I wish that Design students would talk to someone in Engineering whenever they try to make anything mechanical or electrical – it would prevent a lot of public embarrassment, I think! (See last week’s shopping trolleys.)

Learn to think in terms of Energy, and ask questions about it. Where does it come from? How can we capture it in a usable (concentrated) form? Where is it going? Why is everyone worried about it these days?

As already mentioned: the fat tyres would be a major cause of energy loss due to friction. If you don’t believe me, have a look at the solar vehicles they race across Australia: all skinny wheels.

• ranjix says:

the model is a scary combination of plane, sailboat and vehicle, thank god it can’t possibly be fast or effective in any way. the quick notes:
    – how’s the wind transformed in energy, the sail doesn’t seem to be good for anything like that, it should capture as much wind as possible and then take it though a turbine or so
    – how much of that could be transformed effectively into useful energy – you’ll encounter losses
    – the shape is all wrong for a speed land vehicle
    – as everybody else noticed, it must be incredibly light
    probably there are more things wrong, but there is something nice about the first picture at least, in red…

• I agree about the shape of the passenger compartment, but the aerofoil shape of the sail is the right way to go. Take a look at the WindJet website for the current wind powered land speed record – http://www.windjet.co.uk

I’m not entirely sure how the designer thinks it will hit 120 miles an hour when the land speed record is 126…

• Maarten says:

Daniel SImon and Cosmic Motors… Nice rendering though! I like the body design and the large vertical positioned wing.

• Oh… if only I was rich! Would freakin love one of these!!!

Stop knocking it for the tires… they look… cool.

• Rick says:

Thats a nice toy model have you built a full scale version?

• answfl.org says:

Hi to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this weblog; this website carries remarkable and actually good
    material for readers.

• boro.fr says:

Enter Demetrius and Bottom from kety perry 1790.
    Another fine evsnt you could answer a few pictures,
    and is confused, and work.

• What’s up to every body, it’s my first go to see of this webpage;
    this webpage contains remarkable and truly excellent stuff designed
    for visitors.

• Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google,
    and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going
    to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue
    this in future. Numerous people will be benefited from your writing.

Cheers!