Harley Davidson Circa 2020

Somebody pass me a helmut and a time travel ship because if this is what Harley bikes look like in 10 years, I’m so there. Designer Miguel Cotto pays homage to the big road hogs by keeping the large 883cc engine, complete with high revs and roars. The similarities end there. The design is almost tron-like in execution. Check out the wheel hubs. They’re actually giant bearings. I do see glimpses of Harley DNA in the center chassis but seriously, can you image any road warriors riding this?

Designer: Miguel Cotto

Harley Davidson 2020 by Miguel Cotto

moto21

moto3

moto4

• hepp says:

Someone needs to practice more rendering and modeling! This looks like a 2h tutorial i maya..

• looseroots says:

Its funny…..you can always tell when somebody who is not familiar with the product that they are designing. So in the future safety and comfortability are a thing of the past? hmmm……can’t wait!

• Myth says:

“Comfortability” isnt a word Moron.

• english says:

“Moron” shouldn’t be capitalized, idiot.

• Myth says:

It’s capitalized because of such emphasis I am putting on the word “Moron.” Almost as if it were his name. Besides, I would think that people critiquing someone elses designs would want to use “real” words that make sense. Showing they know what they are talking about. Instead of making words up to bring down the piece being reviewed. When they themselves dont give any solid ground as to what they are saying.

• I have five year experience as a Motorcycle technician. Two of them working in Bella International driving and working with Honda's, Triumph's & BMW's Motorrads and for a couple of years I owned a Harley.

I think your guessing is wrong.

I think your guessing is wrong.

• JanB says:

Star Wars Podracer?
    No thanks, future looks awful..

• LOL! This looks like something of iRobot. Looks pretty sexy though ^^, really futuristic. It looks really wierd and I can’t imagine driving 200-300 miles with it without getting a tummy ache or something but then again, it will be extremly fast I’m guessing?

• Ana Morales says:

In the future everybody will be in such a good shape: slender and toned. They won't find difficult at all driving this Harley

• Ana Morales says:

• Harry says:

Very futuristic, that I think it’s still impossible in so many ways. But we can still dream.

• Daniel says:

You folks need to let go of reality and just look at it for what it is; Wicked. I’m sure it can inspire someone to try something new. I think it would evolve into something a younger generation would want, rather than the old guard.

• Leandro says:

Tron Legacy’s motorcycle is much better…

• Klappstuhl says:

SON OF A… I’M WORKING ON SOMETHING WAY TOO SIMILIAR!!!

• Confucius says:

Lets see it! It wont be too hard to beat this one. The overall concept isn’t that hard to drum up, so you must have been anticipating it.

• Canastrophy says:

Wait, Miguel Cotto? Like the Boxer?

• SuiDepPhaStu says:

Hollow wheels: check. Utter lack of engineering know-how: check. Co-opting a brand that would never consider such a radical departure from their established aesthetic, much less one so shitty: check indeed.

This is a generic third-rate set of renders, and this is a designer I would expect is starving, given the stark lack of quality in his work.

• Lex says:

Speaking as a motorcyclist, I’m not entirely convinced it would ride well at all. The ergos look they’d be torturous for a real rider. I suspect the handling would be awful, too.

As for H-D’s motors? No thanks. They don’t have a good track record when it comes to engineering. And their 883cc engine (that they put in their smallest bike, the Sportster) can’t compete with several 600cc engines from other manufacturers when it comes to performance and power to the wheel.

• Chad Engle says:

I agree with you. I am a rider as well and it looks like your chin would get owned by the gas tank. Also, why not the 1200 from HD instead of the wussy 883. Def not very comfy.

• CITguy says:

Sorry to say, but it’s already been done.

• SpeedCretin says:

Complete lack of functionality aside – but am I missing something here – were did Miguel hide the ‘high revving’ monster of a 883 motor? It’s an ancient aircooled twin with a huge primary & tranny (not to mention a carburetor and exhaust). Please – someone take the trial copy of Rhino away from this man before he hurts somebody. Stick to unusable furniture Migueland leave garbage motorcycle design to the Teutuls.

• Ana Morales says:

You haven't spent much time lately cheking the tendencies… and haven't you heard that Harley Davidson won their case on their patent sound? It is so easy to figure out this could be electric and just plug-in a speaker set!!!

• Ana Morales says:

• void says:

That’s TRON’s lightcycle’s copy…

And Tron’s cycles are much stylish! ;P

Check: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AwvuirSEAA

• manuel ruiz says:

future can be sexy , without becoming a bad executed copy of a scifi movie. this “design” doesn´t even use the formal language of the brand.

nice try smart…

sorry for the awful english…

• Ana Morales says:

Please, guys!!! Visit Coroflot before you come to conclusions!!! This design first saw the web months before the first Tron teasser appeared, which only comes to show that there are a few designers out there following the same trail. Does Graham Bell "rings a bell"" (pardon the punn). You know it has happened before, or has everybody forgoten the history of the telephone patent?

• Ana Morales says:

Please, guys!!! Visit Coroflot before you come to conclusions!!! This design first saw the web months before the first Tron teasser appeared, which only comes to show that there are a few designers out there following the same trail. Does Graham Bell “rings a bell”” (pardon the punn). You know it has happened before, or has everybody forgoten the history of the telephone patent?

• arnel says:

wow a relly cool design would like to see a maya tutorial on this

• gr8pixel says:

looks like someone has watched Tron Legacy! LOL

• tommyjj says:

I like! Very cool… though, given that Harley Davidson aren’t famed for being the most contemporary bunch, the year should be more like 2120.

• Morgana DAlmeida says:

This ain’t no Harley..
    Nah, bad concept for it.

• aaa says:

no i don’t imagine, and i don’t like that

• Fake says:

What’s up? What is this? Oh! My God!

• Beaux says:

RIP OFF from Italian designer Franco Sbarro… who created the same thing in the early 80’s

• Ana Morales says:

Is the name correct? Need more imput: couldn't find him on google nor wiki.

• Ana Morales says:

Is the name correct? Need more imput: couldn't find him on google nor wiki.

• tbonziron says:

Harley put their brand on this? I worked there for 15 years in Tech Services. Someone spent a lot of time with Photoshop. This would be much more believable as a “futuristic” rendering of a V-Rod than a Sportster. Besides this “concept” missing a cylinder for the V-Twin, there’s no transmission nor primary drive and no where near the room for any of it. Maybe 2103 if Harley’s even around then for their 200th Anniversary. Advances in technogy and the disappearance of the internal cumbustion engine 50 years prior will make it more of a Sony, Philips or IBM design than a Harley. This thing is a joke.

• lalaland says:

abochornate!

• tommyjj says:

go back to basics…..asap

• THE BLING says:

if this bike is not insanely priced like the tomahawk concept bike @ 555k USD, then I want one.
    you either like it or you don’t, there’s no middle ground here, so people cannot expect to see early 19th century designs in 2010, this bike works for me.

• eddword says:

Neat! You could use the empty wheel space for saddle bags / storage compartments..eddword

• eddword says:

• Thanks for all the comments!!!

The good and the bad!!!!

They are the fuel to keep studying Industrial Design. So put on the blog what ever you intend.

• Thanks for all the comments!!!

The good and the bad!!!!

• Ana Morales says:

Miguel: keep going!!!

Once I heard well established artist Antonio Martorell say: "Let them speak well or bad of me, as long as they keep talking about me!!! (De mi que hablen bien o que hablen mal, pero que hablen!!!)

• Ana Morales says:

Miguel: keep going!!!

Once I heard well established artist Antonio Martorell say: “Let them speak well or bad of me, as long as they keep talking about me!!! (De mi que hablen bien o que hablen mal, pero que hablen!!!)

• Henry says:

I’m 57 yrs old and I ride an Ultra and I think this bike is cool looking. Give the guy some slack. I’m not sure I’d want it for long touring, but definitely for cruising around town.

• Chris says:

Its very futuristic but the whole point of a Harley is to as they say be uncaged so why go along and change the look with the time period I would stick with the designs we have for the bikes we currently own and ride from Harley. I would not even consider riding Harleys if they made this bike I love the current look of Harleys and many other people do too so why mess it up really? The look would be good for bike manufacturers that have bike semi-similar at the current time but for a company like Harley to make a bike like that in the years to come is just wrong. My advice to HD don’t make the bike stick with what ya got and don’t try to change as time and style does even in the year 2020 there will be people who will enjoy the OG look of Harleys.

• Dani says:

I constantly spent my half an hour too read this blog’s posts every day along with a cup off coffee.

• Miguel says:

Coffee is good for the soul.