Don’t Fear The Middle Seat

The seat diners dread the most is the uncomfortable center place, right where two tables join. Murphy’s Law comes into action and invariably one table is slightly taller than the other, causing an up-down situation! With the dedicated Plate For People Who Sit Between Two Tables, I’m sure we can tackle the awkward scene, and just for the novelty of eating off this cool plate, I’m willing to sit in the middle!

Designer: Shira Nahon

middleplate

Plate For People Who Sit Between Two Tables by Shira Nahon

• confucius says:

Hahahaha nice one, theyre not serious are they?!

• Jeremiah says:

LOL 😛

• Joker says:

kkkkkkk

This is extremely funny!

• Sameh Khan says:

Awesome! 🙂

I could go on and on about the average difference between the heights of the two tables…but the originality of this concept has gotten to me…

I’m going to design a plate to stick under the legs of the table to make it higher, and even out the counter surface…
    SO THERE 😛

• Ryan Holmes says:

This is a great concept for just getting the last bit off your plate. i thought this was genius but you missed the practicality completely. This solves the problem of getting the hard to reach food. I think this is genius. Market it right and you could revolutionize the plate industry.

• Sameh Khan says:

I never thought of it that way. Its a cool way to look at it, but we can’t make all seats ‘the middle seat’.

However, it’s that raised edge that you’re focusing on, so maybe a plate with one half a level above the other half…but with the bottom surface of the ENTIRE plate touching the table…to maintain stability.

You’re perfectly right…its amazing for hard to reach food… especially in formal restaurants where ‘licking your plate clean’ is not the de facto defination of finishing your food.

• Logan says:

that’s what I thought it was when I saw the photo. I thought it was an interesting solution for those hard to reach foods; peas, bits of rice, etc. But, no, the creator has a completely mundane and near-laughable idea for it’s purpose. Miss. Re-market this and maybe you have something, maybe.

• Steve says:

Or, you could just use the side of you knife to push "hard to reach" food onto your fork…

• Steve says:

Or, you could just use the side of you knife to push “hard to reach” food onto your fork…

• Hi Guy’s,
    It’s nice.i like it.This is extremely good…

• Bennet says:

This might actually be useful for those times when you’re eating rice or something that just won’t stay on your plate, with only a fork. 😀

• aaa says:

people ate its own “brains”……… but PLEASE!

• Its a really wonderful concept, I really glad to know abut that food, This plat design is rocking , its looks very tasty and sweet too.

• I like this concept. It is quite Interesting. I never thought about this concept. I like the pate design which looks very nice and cool. I like your way and i think that It is perfect concept for hard to reach the food. I never find out this kind of article as before. Really very awesome things!

• Concerned Human says:

This is such a stupid design. It's locked to fit two tables that are exactly the same distance apart as the prototype. And to the people thinking this is a revolutionary plate to reach the hard to reach foods: put a raised edge on the perimeter of your plate. Oh wait, it's already called a shallow bowl. OR don't eat so much that you are worried about that last pea. shit. The plate could have been better designed by making the eating surface flat and just adding extra bulk under one side of plate. I hope this is not what our world is coming to.

• Steve says:

So do I. I don't want a world where humourless people take things far too seriously and then post a diatribe in the comments section lamenting what the world is coming to, before leaving with a undeserved sense of superiority to the simpletons who clearly never saw the flaw in the design because they were too busy musing over it.

• Concerned Human says:

• Steve says:

• Andrew says:

This is stupid. These people should go design something useful to mankind

• Tim says:

Maybe in Andrewland everyone only ever does things that are useful to mankind. Open your eyes Andrew. I spy with my little eye: a whole mess of useless junk that does wonders to fuel mankind’s economy. Have you heard of Hollywood before?
    Seriously now, what’s the use in commenting? Enlighten up.

• Google says:

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the highest quality blogs online.
    I’m going to recommend this blog!