Total Beach Bum!

I have a confession; I’m a total lost cause when it comes to recharging my phone, iPod and camera. Three gadgets I can’t leave my home without and somehow, I always leave it till the last moment for recharging! Needless to say, I manage just some amount of power on them and carry their wires with me, and plug them in the next available socket. Dandy, but what do I and others like me do, when we hit the beaches? Carry the Solar Tree of course!

Awesome thought of having a personalized solar-powered pole with sufficient sockets to plug in multiple devices. Hail the Solar Tree!

Designers: Jun-Se Kim, Min-Goo Kim & Dong-Eon Kim

solar_tree4

Solar Tree Recharging Device by Jun-Se Kim, Min-Goo Kim & Dong-Eon Kim

solar_tree

solar_tree21

solar_tree3

• Barry Kelly says:

With all these solar ideas, I’m getting a really strong impression that people don’t actually know how little power you get off these things. You’d be hard-pressed to do much better than keep a gadget at power-usage neutral in standby with a solar panel this small.

• Lamah says:

And there is absolutely, positively not enough power available to want to waste it on something as stupid as a 12V to 230V inverter whose output is immediately converted back to low-voltage with your device’s plugpack. Those things aren’t designed for efficiency.

• Armin says:

The sockets could use a cover. And they should be closer together.

• joao says:

let’s not forget also that batterie life is getting better and better so in the case that you need to recharge your apliences while your’re at the beach is pretty remote

• kemeny_x says:

Yea, i could really use one. XD

• Soda says:

Good idea, but at least 10x too small solar panel to really power something. 10x10cm would get u 10W with nearly 100% efficiency. Current solar panels, cheap ones, would give u just 1W of power in 10x10cm size.

Go power radio with that. Good luck…

• me says:

why not an umbrela?????????

• its a very kewl tools. where can i buy it?
    anyway, for yankodesign, do you mind if i re publish your article to my website?

• looseroots says:

Not that practical….agreed on the point that MP3 players, phones, etc. have much better battery lives. Why not just charge at home before you leave for the beach and reduce the amount of stuff you have to bring with you?? Good concept, yet it feels forced, as if its only to buy your product rather than solve a problem.

• Bah says:

Who writes the copy for this stuff?

“Solar-Tree looks like a cane so that it is easy to stick in sand or soil.”

Are canes the only things that stick in the ground??

• Charly says:

if you expand this idea into maybe a sun shade umbrella or tent house with much more surface you could reuse existing spaces for the same means.

• Confucius says:

1992 Called, they want their tape player back.

• 220-240V is too dangerous and not working in wet/outdoor conditions without the risk to insure or kill someone. Therefore no use. No authority or insurance will allow to sell these products.
    Better off with low voltage adapter for each device.
    I aggree with “me” that an Umbrella would give more use by providing shade. I heard of flexible solar cells. Maybe the right way to get them on anything.
    But then we could get the solar cells on the radio or mobile itself? and don’t need to recharge?

• MsUnreliable says:

It’s like Archigram’s Rockplug and LogPlug for the 21st century, though sadly just as unfeasible.

• Chris says:

from experience any electronics + sand or salt water = dead electronics. no one takes their phone or let alone a cd player to the beach; if i was at the beach and some git was playing music i would shoot him

• amn says:

Do any solar charges exist that work well for a laptop and not cost a fortune? Laptops dying on the road is a real problem…

• confucius says:

lol @ How solor wokrs? I don’t know about you guys, but I have a camera, cellphone and ipod that all last more than 10 minutes.

• joe says:

Bad ideea. Is that why you’re going to the beach?

• designcomps says:

its a great design. It tells any thief where your stuff is.

• Saltynay says:

Apart from the design issues the others have brought up. The final image has a spelling error unless you like to “ten your skin at the beach”.

+1 for umbrella idea perhaps instead of having it mobile it could be used in 5 star hotel sun beds that way the structure could be properly anchored, provide a lot of shade and have a larger surface area. Also its one of those gimmicky things that push a hotel from 4 to 5 stars.

• Hsien says:

totally love the umbrella idea, those 5 star hotels could really make use of them, as well as those outdoor stands, if they can afford them! we’d b wasting less energy soon!

• Fellipe Mascarenhas says:

I loved this revolution, mto is creative, intelligent and beyond all practical and portable. Would love to have one of these.
    Intelligence in vein!

• Rudi says:

This is absolute a cool idea.

Sometimes my cellphone always flat at the beach… sigh… Would like to charge it right there at the beach.

• Solar products rocks!! It's a very nice idea. Hope I got one 🙂

• Solar products rocks!! It's a very nice idea. Hope I got one 🙂

• rodessawurtz says:

This is the 1st time I saw a solar tree and I think this is a good tool for powering up gadgets like iPod and mobile phones.

• Thomas says:

Did you fine where to buy it?

• Fanny says:

I am truly thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared
    this enormous post at here.

• I enjoy what you guys tend to be up too. Such
    clever work and exposure! Keep up the terrific works guys I’ve added you guys to blogroll.

• I like reading an article that can make men and women think.
    Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!

• xueping yang says:

It‘s very interesting. How can I get the product?

• Sabrina says:

Got a giggle out of pic #2 with the superimposed Solar Trees by the people on the beach! This must be from a country other than the US, the copy is full of mistakes.

• Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after checking through
    some of the post I realized it’s new to me. Anyhow, I’m definitely happy
    I found it and I’ll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

• You can also check windup-battery.com for some alternatives.

• Vitamin D3 levels measured before making herbal teas.

Jan 27 Mistakes Healthy People MakeBig Breast Cancer Surgery.
    It is more akin to leukemia, do I have got at hand.
    If you move out into the causes of breast cancer fundraising efforts.
    If there are women everywhere. Some lumps are probably more important than the medication works as an initial breast cancer
    mortality.

• Great steam showers, my family had a unit installed around five years ago and it could maybe do with modernizing,
    never get a bland old standard type of shower ever again

• SEO has become a tainted business, because its very technical it
    is best done by people who have studied the industry and have experience,
    this can be quite rare with modern marketers though
    Added a link on Facebook, hope thats okay

• Jaunita says:

Really love each of these steam showers

• Good day I am so happy I found your site, I really found you
    by accident, while I was browsing on Bing for something else, Nonetheless I am
    here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a remarkable post
    and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the moment but I
    have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I
    have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.

• Melvin says:

Never before heard of a steam shower enclosure until finally I ran into this website, so happy
    I did really would like one right now and finance allowing
    will likely be buying one before long

• Really love this fabulous site, great content here,
    was actually a bit sceptical in regards to getting a steam
    shower unit for our house having said that the information and knowledge here sorted my head out, incredible thanks for your insight

• My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was once entirely right.
    This post actually made my day. You can not consider just how much time I had
    spent for this info! Thank you!

• argan says:

Most teenagers and adults alike may suffer from breakouts.
    Applying these products will make your hair softer, and it
    smooths out your hair, which makes styling easier. ♦ It is recommended in cases of sterility (azoospermia) and
    when there are risks of miscarriages (general medecine uses).

• argan oil says:

We all want to look younger, and get rid of the wrinkles and
    lines on our face. This is mainly because that this oil is extremely
    rich in natural tocopherols, commonly known as Vitamin E.
    Shea butter is one of the fabulous organic skin care products available and
    add lavender essence to it and WOW.

• The name itself is used to describe several situations including redness, swelling, dryness and
    skin rashes, flaking, blistering and even cracked
    skin and bleeding. Rose hip oil is a natural ingredient with special skin care properties
    that can help treat skin problems caused by aging and sun exposure.
    Rose hip oil, on the other hand, is used for dry skin, rosacea, and
    dermatitis and for the treatment of scars and stretch
    marks.

• Hello there, Yoou have done an incredible job.

I’ll definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends.
    I’m sure they will be benefited from this site.

• I am really grateful to the owner of this site who has shared this impressive
    paragraph at here.

• Its not my first time to visit this web site,
    i am visiting this web site dailly and obtain fastidious data from here
    all the time.