The Airplane Seat

The everlasting enigma. How do you satisfy hundreds and thousands of plane passengers who are very, very unsatisfiable. These people travel back, and forth, and back, and forth! And then there’s the people who ride first class! We won’t worry about them. This seat is for the everyperson. This seat is adjustable and comfortable and it looks truly simple.

It’s gotta be so nice that the passenger doesn’t even take a second thought of it. Check out that nicely placed control panel there: lift and lower for lumbar! Combinations of leg support for those danglers in your life! Backbone tilter for sitting upright or backdown! And the best part: the full-stand position for easy entering and exiting of the lovely and lucky airplane.

Designer: Netta Shalgi

Dynamic Economy Airplane Seat by Netta Shalgi

dynamiceconomyseat02

dynamiceconomyseat03

dynamiceconomyseat04

dynamiceconomyseat05

• Anonymous says:

its better than whats in planes now

• Ja says:

still… only for business class or above…

• ranjix says:

hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble. The seat is too narrow, we’re not all like the cute girl in the picture. Actually she’s quite an exception as well, she’s thin and trim, and she barely seems to fit in it. Unfortunately don’t have a good idea about how to fix the “density” requirement, which is a terrible requirement to start with.
    The adjustments for lumbar support and so are great, with the mention that I don’t think that the legs support would actually fit in a regular space between chairs.
    In conclusion, anything that makes flight less like cattle moving, should be greatly encouraged.

• frezzingaces says:

lol im not to tall (bit over 6 foot) but on any cheap flight i got to put my legs on a diagonal to get in. fix that and you are the man

• jagttt says:

Err.. thats how narrow economy class seats are.

• no says:

good 🙂

• I’m 100% sure this will never fit me. I’m a 150 Kg, 1,92 m tall man. When someone designs a chair that fits me AND the girl in the picture well, this person will deserve a Nobel prize… And I’m pretty sure this person will be at least as big as me. There are many aspects of ergonomics which I perceive from my own experience that I’ve never found in books. That’s precisely what’s missing in most chairs.

• Nicole says:

It may be a good idea overall but I personally think that there should be certain modifications. After all, I don’t think many peole would fit into that seat!

• nancy niemeth says:

that is the ugliest and most uncomfortable seat i have ever seen. Really lumpy and i wouldnt want to be at that angle. may be something to keep me from getting bored on a long flight, but i would rather stand in the aisle. if the passenger squeezed in next to me was standing up all the time then it would be an even worse flight. dumb.