Biggest Hugest Tricycle

The biggest hugest tricycle in the whole world has been conceptualized by designer Randall Marin. It is a bit different from what you might think of as a tricycle; that being either the tiny red tricycle for children or the giant tri-motorcycle you see in parades most often. This is made for urban transport and exercise – with it’s main aim being gaining attention, motivating others to get exercise too.

Dimensions:
1800 x 1500 x 1100 mm.

Maximum capacity:
180 Kg.
Was simulated on SAP program.

Marin aims for this project to be “low material vs. high volume” and all of the pieces are recyclable. The “Triclo” is offered in a variety of lovely colors (as you can see below) and is aimed at all those who wish to stand out while getting lots of exercise.

Designer: Randall Marin

triclo02

triclo03

triclo01

triclo04

triclo05

• ranjix says:

how on earth does this work? The big wheel doesn’t look like it could spin. The chassis looks fixed, so the tire should slide somehow underneath, that part is not really clear. And if it actually does spin, the workout will be tremendous (which is the point, right? 🙂 )

• J Dizzle says:

Doesn’t look like the “pedals” would make it through a rotation without hitting the frame either.
      I think the rear tire is hidden inside the giant loop. That or you just drag the thing around by the front wheels like a cat scratching it’s butt on your carpet…

• Pax says:

It appears to me that “the big wheel” is actually TWO wheels, thin ones, angled to meet at the bottom center. They are then housed INSIDE the visible arcs we can see on the cab.

It’s not something I can see being very popular to own – but to RENT, at a beach-side resort, for ambling along a boardwalk … I think I could see it. With a bit more refinement. And maybe an electric motor. And those front wheels need to be smaller, narrower I mean.

• Victor Assis says:

Low material x high volume? That’s a looooot of material for a 1-seater.

• Free says:

i hope the designer incorporated hydraulic steering into this thing

• proof76 says:

what the … ?!?
    Sometimes I just don’t get what’s going on with some of you “designers”!!

• Esmond says:

Wow…

This thing is wrong in so many ways. Failure…

• Steve says:

Make me one, looks awsome! 🙂

• Confucius says:

This is going nowhere fast, lets calculate;
    Tyres 285.80R18=8KG each x2
    Wheels 18×10=7KG each x2
    ‘Rear’ tyres 6KG
    Pin Bearings under rear tyres = 15KG
    Running gear, d shaft etc = 7KG
    Vac cast and steel chassis = 20KG(being conservative)
    Seat, headrest s/wheel = 5KG

Including the 80KG of the rider is 163KG.
    There is no way in hell you could pedal this far.
    And you cant turn anymore than 5 degrees because the rack ( & pinion) is far too small!

Epic Fail.

• mr hanky says:

Ms Garrison did it first.

• AlienzExist says:

Its no longer a tricycle if it has 4 wheels. Even its name is wrong. People think they can just encircle the rider in a giant wheel, its no longer an original concept. It would be sooo heavy. Try maneuvering a 5 ft wheel around, just try, I dare you.

• zatara says:

design ???? a ok no…

• Wow.. It looks like a space machine.

• Wow.. It looks like a space machine.

• António says:

Eu gosto.
    Tem potencial para recintos planos e bem asfaltados.
    Para exposies e promoes.
    Bom trabalho.

• Helpful info. Lucky me I found your web site by chance, and I’m stunned why this coincidence didn’t took
    place earlier! I bookmarked it.