Pre-historic Knives

Bring back memories of Night At The Museum, the NeoLithic Ceramic Cooking Knives reflect the Neolithic age accurately. Fashioned as the stone implements used by our ancestors, this set of knives are made from ceramic stone and bring us back to the basics of chopping, cutting, scraping, mincing and scooping as done in the Stone Age. The utilitarian shape of a flat stone with a sharp blade on one edge and blunt blade on the other is a winner. As Matt puts it, “the modern refinement of stone gives the NeoLithic Knives and edge over their Bronze Age cousins.”

Designer: Matthias Kaeding

neolithic

neolithic2

NeoLithic Ceramic Cooking Knives by Matthias Kaeding

neolithic4

• Will says:

We have evolved, as have our cooking techniques. Surely this is a step in the wrong direction?

• Carl says:

will, please explain how cooking techniques have evolved.? food is chopped and heated end of…

• Travis says:

I know what you mean. I can’t see how you would fillet a fish with such a wide handle =/

Though they sure do look excellent and I wouldn’t turn them down as a gift or purchase(assuming there reasonably prices XD)

• Luke says:

Okay…

How is this any better than a mezzaluna with a single, centered handle?

• Ked says:

I like the idea, ceramic knives are just high quality, and with that thick section I think it’s not as delicate as the “normal” ones. well maybe it isn’t as easy to use, and a more multifaceted shape like the prehistoric toos would have been a bit more appealing. I hope I’ll never know about their price though…

• Matt says:

Where casn we find these knives at!

• Matt says:

Sorry! That’s where can we find/get these NeoLithic Ceramic Cooking Knives at?

• ranjix says:

Don’t share the desire to obtain such object. I’m afraid that the cutting/non-cutting halves of the knife are not that obvious. Maybe a different color for the non-cutting half? I would suggest a more “ergonomic” grip, but then they wouldn’t be “neolithic”.
    On the other hand, though, this definitely has its advantage in a “lot-of-hard-cutting” situation, when using just a knife will put the wrist and elbow in a lot of stress…

• Hammerhead says:

Do want. Sometimes simplicity is the key.

• keyop says:

great, homo habilis becomes chic! soon i can do my flint knapping at dinner parties. the final edge angle looks too wide, working against you. this is a case of FUNCTION TRYING TO FOLLOW FORM. pretty to look at, but give me a hollow ground santoku any day. the designer has successfully turned a LEVER into a lump. D+

• rorro says:

Saw this in a 1996 magazine the other day by a designer called “Anthony Parfitt” and it was way much better solved, couldn’t find any pictures on internet.