Have A Different Car Everyday

MOY koncept was made for a generation used to using media to express themselves. The idea is everyone can design their own car on their own computer and then apply the design to their vehicle wirelessly or share it with others thru a website or even email. For those lacking creative skillz, there’s a slew of templates to choose from. The car is always connected so imagine dynamically changing your vehicle’s skin in motion. WAIT it doesn’t stop. Since MOY can display both static images and videos it can be used as a new medium for promotion too!

Is the tech feasible? Well it’s powered by in-wheel electric motots. The body of the car is made of outer and inner policarbonate layers, with layers of liquid cristals, LED diodes and electrochromic foil (film) inbetween.

Tho I love the idea, if MySpace taught us one thing it’s that MOST people are not designers and I guarantee if the Moy or something like it ever comes to fruition, we might as well hang up our preverbal coat because personal creativity always trumps manufactured design. We’ll have officially enter a new era of ugly meets individualism. Wait, isn’t that supposed to be a good thing?

Designer: Elvis Tomljenovic

• Henrique Staino says:

You should change the name to “Get stuck in traffic in a different car everyday”

• Nice one. I like it. But it's a bit flashy to have different designs of your car everyday. It's a bit unnecessary.

• Carl says:

perfect if you have robbed a bank and need to change your appearance.

This is why the colour is registered to the plate, model and make of the vehicle.

• Henrique Staino says:

well observed!

• M.S.W. says:

I wouldn’t worry to much about this concept coming to fruition anytime soon Carl. Nissan has developed a more mundane approach to color changing car surface. Mundane as in only changes the entire surface to a solid color. They stopped their progress based mostly on the same fact that it would require changes in litigation to permit the use of that technology to the mass consumer base.

But.. if the day does come when DOT would permit this type of technology they could easily refer to the “colour” as “Polymorphic”.

The other ID methods are still valid “plate, model and make” since none of those are be altered by this (or Nissan’s version) tech.

• AnnO says:

By the time we have this technology we will probably not be using paper money and they will come up with a new way to identify your vehicle.

• Iperpaolo says:

form of the car is nice,some shapes typical of 70′ 80′ cars, renault 5 or fiat 126 for example

• Nice one. I like it. But it’s a bit flashy to have different designs of your car everyday. It’s a bit unnecessary.

• sk says:

looking forward to the next carcrash. do I get a complete new body then?

• Henrique Staino says:

and there’s no doubt that every once in a while you will be travelling around with a blue car, saying “fatal error” or something like that. hheehehe

• M.S.W. says:

The Black version with red highlights in Render 4 pays homage to the car from the 80’s show Automan. 😉

• Elvis says:

Thanks for the comments guys 😉
    I’m exited to see how many people find this concept interesting 🙂

As for the practical side of the car… well… it’s just a concept… I didn’t spent time resolving the many issues that come with this idea. Of course it need a lot more work to be ready for use but I hope you guys can imagine the possibilities of it…
    Just imagine… 😉

• I love transparent version!

• bill says:

The car is nice,like a RC Cars,love it .

• I was Driving down the expressway yesterday and and thought it would be cool to have a car wrapped in thin flexible weather proof Crystal display screen that could play video or display a image , then today I stumbled on this and thought WTF that is my idea. I guess I am A few days late.

• Greg says:

I want to punch this design in the face.