Camping Trip Also Means Cooking

There is no stopping the imagination of a designer, sometimes they come up with fictitious tech-specs and at other times they open up an imaginary company to promote their designs. Our friend Rob here has taken the support of a fictional company called Camplite to tout his Aduro camp stove as a camping essential; I think that’s really sweet! He’s sitting on the fence regarding the kind of fuel that Aduro will use, however he’s very sure about his design.

To refill the stove with fuel, one would simply have to unscrew the foot, in line with the control knob, and then either pour (if liquid) or screw in (if gas) the raw fuel. Ideally you should be doing this re-fueling at home before the trip.

With regards to the form of the stove, Rob has opted for clean, smooth lines (no sharp edges here to rip bags) and incorporated 3 rubberized feet to add stability for all-terrain usage. These feet also serve to elevate the stove enough so that air can be drawn from below and the flame stays away from the ground and any debris.

Designer: Rob Prickett & Matt Lundy

• Henrique Staino says:

WAAAAAAAAAAY TOO BIG!

• Xavier says:

perfect, maybe use propane tanks

• dave says:

YEAH way to go guys! represent MIAD!

• Rob Prickett says:

Henrique Staino, your probably right about this. I will definitely peruse mocking up some smaller sized models, perhaps there could be a line of sizes available depending on the length of the trip –
    The one trade off with the size is, you aren’t carrying fuel canisters. 🙂

• Henrique Staino says:

That’s true. But I don’t know, man.. 2 small volumes are easier to pack than a large one!

And the problem is not the volume itself. The dimensions of the product, telling by the size of that hand, seem to be very difficult to fit in a backpack.

Other than that, it seems to be a great design!

• Rob Prickett says:

I envisioned it looking pretty sweet tucked into the outer netting found on a lot of larger hiking backpacks; the form sort of wrapping around the overall bulk of the bag.

Anyways, revisions are in my future; Ive got some additional features Id like to add to it too. ;D

Thanks Again!

• Joe says:

Very cool idea, I like the loss of fuel canister. Perhaps rather than simply making it smaller, a collapsible design could allow it to provide the same cooking surface while being easy to carry.

• bd says:

kind of an awkward shape to be packing if you’re going to go backpacking and need to be very strict with space.

• steven says:

real fire is better

• abby says:

very interesting!
    here I have a good share: tradestead , there are many kinds of beautiful and useful consumer electronics that I like it very much!

• Nan says:

It’s a good design i reckon but one thing u forgot to consider was how to pack it lol unless it’s lightweight as well,,

• I love the design. The simple and elegant lay out provides a sense of style inside of function. I personally think the size although becomes less “portable” in some perspectives is appropriately so because it has to provide a decent cooking space as well as stability. I really like the space it saves by removing the need for an external propane tank if you are doing a shorter trip.

I would imagine a loop for laniard would allow you to strap it to the outside of the pack maybe save the space?

Maybe a kerosene oil?

• marc says:

first off the design of this product is nice….but…..it could be a little bulky when packing for a camping trip. There are tons of these types of products on the market so what makes this one different from the rest? just a thought