Welcome to Bathroom Paradise

A bathroom of a thousand and one follies, lollies, and lick-em-lollys, a magic fountian flow of non-stop wine, women, and moochie-coochie-koo! OR, or, if you want to be technical about the whole thing: it’s the outdoors indoors. This interior concept is called the “Peaceful Clarity Bathroom” and it’s an exercise in luxury and yes, my favorite, feng shui. Top to bottom! What a lovely bathroom I AM TELLING YOU!

You need to let me tell you! It’s got a rain shower. That’s the big backward-C you see there in the corner, and it’s got a seat. You can sit or stand, and don’t worry about the drain, as the entire floor acts as one. There’s pebbles all across the floor for nice feelings on your feet and as a cover to the drain. At the sink, you’ll notice that the tap is based off the shower system, you hands will feel as though they are being washed by Tlaloc. When you decide to empty the basin of water below the sink, a diagonal bit of glass is there to keep the spray from hitting your feet.

That big black thing is a fireplace, and there’s a TV in the control panel of the shower – just to make sure you don’t miss a single episode of “Livestyles of the Rich and Yanko!”

Designer: Renato Gschwend

• Luke says:

This is pretty and all, but what about soap scum?

• Anonymous says:

Wow, bringing the outside in, i like this concept..

• eveliam says:

This looks good, but its reference for overall practicality is one very idealized target human. The thought of hair collecting on the pebbles makes my skin crawl.

• Mixel says:

I miss a toilet in this concept.

It is a funny concept to bring the outside to the inside.

• M.S.W. says:

Perhaps the renders are being taken from the perspective of the occupant from the toilet/head location. πŸ˜‰

• Luke says:

Europeans often split the bathroom and the toilet into two seperate rooms, or at least more often than you’d find in North America. The name Renato Gschwend suggests a very Italian guy with a very German ancestry, so it stands to reason that he’d not include a toilet next to the shower.

• Ja says:

not sure about the design, but i enjoyed the reference to the fith element! πŸ™‚

• Joseph says:

OK, this one is a tad more than I believe I could live with myself, but all the same, it’s a slick concept, and I found it very interesting. That has been one of the recurring themes in my own life–looking for a way to make our bathrooms and our kitchen look really innovative, even though those rooms are much too small. One of the glories of the Internet, though, is that there is absolutely no dearth of ideas. Right now I have no idea of what I will ultimately do, but I keep hoping I will come up with something really slick. Thank you for sharing this concept. It has given me something to think abouit.

• Looks cool! Not sure I like the sink though. πŸ˜›

• M.S.W says:

I would recommend to the designer that instead of haveing the sink water drip feed to the floor drain that instead integrate/hide the sink discharge through the sink main structure and into the floor.

• john q says:

water pipes?

• Eric says:

Duh! Are you blind?! They are obviously using the teleportation method here!! LOL πŸ˜‰

• Juleski says:

“I’m just popping to the bathroom to mow the floor” : )

• KwangErn says:

Love the concept!

• Pure elegance. Cheers Renato!