Teeny-Tiny Dishwasher

From the size of it I know most people will go, “Tch, tch that’s a really small dishwasher!” But sweets this one’s for the double-income-no-children types and singles. That’s how specific designing is getting these days, and me being from the old school of thought of big happy families is finding it hard to digest! The sleek looking Gota is small enough to fit on the kitchen platform and has an eco-sense as well. Its one of those niche things that couples will like to show off about.

In its pre-wash cycle the dishwasher steams up the dishes and recycles the cooled down residual H2O for the later-on cycles. That’s a neat way of conserving water for a pint-sized washer! The body of the Gota is crafted from ABS polycarbonate and the internal tank stores sufficient enough water for a round of cleaning.
So what do you say…will you go for something small and compact as this or do you belong to my school of thought?

Designer: CWB Staff

• Adrian Masters says:

Were do I put my pots and pans?

• prodmod says:

i have been looking for a tiny dishwasher like this for a while. I prefer to wash dishes as I use them and if you are only two people you can simply wash the dishes in here when done eating and leave them there for the next day. You actually never have to put them back on your shelf or cupboard. Big dishwasher are overkill for two people and take way too long and use too much energy.
    I did recently find a table top dishwasher in Japan, they have a lot of little appliances. This one does look cooler though.

• trimtab21 says:

This is awesome! This would be perfect for our small vacation house. Heck you could even take it with you on vacation trips if the place you were renting didn’t have a dishwasher.

• Curves says:

Interesting look to be sure, great for singles or maybe elders who dont have a lot of dishes, but, if you dont have space for a traditonal dishwasher, I wonder how much space you will have on table or counter top for this.

• feckineejit says:

I don’t understand the concept of mini-dishwashers. They aren’t ever powerful enough that you can put stuff in with food on them, so you have to pre-wash them, so just wash them all the way instead.

• DinoRubble says:

As a single male, renting a 50+ year old townhouse, I would LOVE to own one of these! The lack of a dishwasher was the only negative to my place when I was out house hunting (a 5-minute walk from the Metro Station being its biggest plus). But without endless coordination with my landlady, this would be a great option. Given my moral objection to housework, this gizmo is almost Godsend!

• JC hamilton says:

I’m 30 something, married for a few years now and no kids. My wife and I take too long to fill the dishwasher to have it run. We end up washing by hand and hanging them in the dishwasher just to dry. Rinse well and put them in this mini looks appealing to me

• Slick design and I was amazed by the traction the product got (i use hand washing as a zen sorta thing or a procrastination sort of thing). The practical problems are pretty large, how do you get rid of the dirty water, what happens if you don’t scrape your plates really well, the recycled water needs a system to sterilize it. With the graying boomer market it might be worth attacking these problems.

• Jason says:

In my opinion, you buy a dishwasher only if you have a lot of dishes or a big familly. I live with my girlfriend and we usually have 3 plates, 1 or 2 pans, fork and knifes. In 5 minutes everything is done. Who doesn’t have 5 minutes must get up early. 🙂

• KwangErn says:

‘xactly!

People either are getting way too lazy to spare just 5 minutes, or they are “too clean” to do such dirty job.

Besides, it’s fun to spend time with your partner cleaning up. At least I find it great as part of the “bonding time”. ^^

• Alex says:

For your information, DANBY sells a tabletop dishwasher, which is by far less cool than this one, but does carry more dishes in it. From the reviews, I read that the heater tends to break, since it’s a bit low quality. To prevent this, I just never used the heater. Instead, I let the tap water go as hot as it can, and they plug it in. It’s hot enough to wash. I don’t have to prewash the dishes but I don’t leave chunks of food on them. Found it at walmart for less than 200$US… Tried to find it elsewere but couldn’t… Also tried to find another brand, but still couln’t… Looks like the market for mini-dishwashers is pretty thin… Good luck 😉

• Eric says:

I hate walmart way more than doing my own 10 dishes by hand any day. I don’t care if it was $20 there, I would never give that company my money for any reason.

• mdd says:

are you serious? who cant wash 6 plates and glasses.
    i can and im studying industrial design with a graphic minor, i barely have enough time to make dirty dishes.
    i hate to use the “g” word but seriously what a waste of energy.

• Alex says:

Actually you use less water with a recent dishwashers than the average person would washing the dishes by hand, and for energy, I use the same hot water using both method. Appart from that, the little pumps don’t use much energy… Of course, you could include the energy life cycle, and then you’d win… 😉 I hate doing dishes, I hate wasting a single minute of my life doing it… I’m doing a master in engineering and I also have a busy schedule…

• Alex says:

Oh and by the way, are you free for a drink later? Oh you’re a guy? Oh… nevermind then…

lol

• M.S.W says:

There definitely is a market niche for this item.
    My only main critique.

The size of the access door is too small and thus requires the user to take extra care in loading the plates in to its fullest capacity. Perhaps in version 2.0 have the entire upper section operate more like a clam shell. Which would provide a faster, easier and more enjoyable user experience.

In referance to the fresh water and grey water inquiries are those cap like protrusions near the back of the unit removeable bottles to load/unload the new/used water?

• Luke says:

As a college student, I would love something like this. My biggest concern (price aside), though, is whether or not this could clean my dishes as effectively as a full-sized dishwasher.

• Sanx3423 says:

please let me know where I can buy one!!!

• mehrin says:

It is very interesting for me.thank you

• The Gota project was developed and created by Leonardo Barelli, Ibsen Caldas, Fernando Vieira Sobczak e César Augusto Lima Jr.
    Winners of Whirlpool Inova 2008.

Thanks everybody for comments.

• 非常不错的产品

• 新奇特 says:

非常不错的产品

• Elizabeth says:

I saw a link to this page on re-nest.com and clicked on this link hoping that I could buy one! I love it.

• VamPus says:

I want one.

Now!

• Maximus says:

Where do you get one?!

• Radhoine says:

like a car!!!!

• Jessica says:

it is just my boyfriend and i in our small one bed room apt and after a long day at work then going to school or coming home to make dinner then doing homework i hate dishes, i would love on of these 🙂

• Laurent says:

Where can we buy it?

• milton narvaez says:

Helo there. I was checking some cool products and one of the product i am still interested in buying, is the “GOTA DISHWASING MASHING'” wich will make my kitchen look even more modernistic besides all the unique modernistic stuff i buy on the websites everytime i need something. Perhaps i was searching in many places were i can just buy the gota dishwasing maching instead of geting information about the product, i still could not find the way to buy this great product. So if there is a way that i can just buy the product please let me know. Thank you so much!!!!

• LUCKY says:

IS THERE A WEBSITE WERE ANYONE CAN BUY THIS PRODCUTS OR IS THIS JUST A DEMONSTRATION!!!!

• THIS WOULD LOOK GREAT IN MY 23 MILLION DOLLAR YACHT. IF THIS PRODUCT IS FOR SALE, PLESE LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU!!!

• Radhika Seth says:

For all those who want to buy the Gota, it’s just a concept and not a real product!

• Leo Barelli says:

Winners of Whirlpool Inova 2008.

Thanks everybody for comments.

• Sjorkode says:

Where to buy online???

• Sjorkode says:

Where to buy online???

• Gledia Tri says:

I dont know where to purchase this?! 🙁 I really love it!!!!!!!!!!

• Gledia Tri says:

I dont know where to purchase this?! 🙁 I really love it!!!!!!!!!!

• venus says:

yes yes, where to buy… Sadly it isn't real yet! but I think is pretty genius. people that live away from home, like college or even is a small studio (like me) that hate to wash dishes and does not have even 5 minutes to wash a glass, dosn't want to use those horrendous disposable plates! YES! THE GOTA!! the heroic gota would be my choice. The other portable or countertop dishwashers are not so stylish. besides, the are too big, this is perfect for 2 people. HURRAY FOR GOTA!! (cant wait)

• venus says:

• Barris says:

I really, really want to be able to buy one of these….like today. I am not allowed to hook up a dishwasher where I live; this would be a perfect way to jump around that rule. My parents had an RV and would have jumped for joy at something like this.

• Joan Lander says:

Where can I obtain dimensions of the Gota Dishwasher, price and where can I buy one?

• dancingphoenix says:

I will definitely be looking for this when it hits the market! I can’t wait! This is exactly what I have been looking for!

• Catherine Molitor says:

Please advise pricing and where to purchase the Teeny Tiny Dishwasher, Designer: CWB Staff.

• marilyn says:

My husband and I will be retiring and moving around in an RV for a couple of years, the Gota would be perfect for the limited space we will have and the two of us. Will it be available soon? Not only is it just the right size for two, it would be perfect for boats as well as rv’s because it saves water.

• Jimmy C says:

Hmm. Very nice. I’m not sure if steam will do the job though, but it does look big enough to use normal dishwasher functions. I think I’d like that better.

• richard says:

where can I buy 1

• Theresa says:

We are a couple with no kids and have a one-drawer dishwasher which I love. It’s half the size of a dishwasher and doesn’t use up bench space. I wonder how your product would compare on price.

• Awesome blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a
    paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m completely confused .. Any ideas? Bless you!

• Lena says:

This design is spectacular! You certainly know how
    to keep a reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was
    almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!

) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say,
    and more than that, how you presented it. Too cool!

• Elsie Charry says:

were can I buy one on internet? I live in Colombia. Thanks

• Did this ever get produced? I’d like to sell them on my website and get one for myself!

• Santo says:

Disabled people living alone, for one thing!

• angie says:

What is the price range and can I even get one yet?

• linda dalrymple says:

I live in the uk and would like to buy one of these where can I purchase one

• Jm says: