Open House!

Totally inspired by John Lautner’s villa Chemosphere, this modern version of a spaceship house is simply fantastic. The only difference is that John’s version was stationary and this one’s a trailer. The beauty of this house-on-wheels lies in the fact that its compact and yet boats of ample living quarters. You will find a bathroom, living room, bedroom, kitchen and an office in the 252° Living Area: Mobile Mini House.

The entire setup of the trailer is based on the rooms fanning out to a 252° radius. The mobile walls and floor of each unit run on rails and can be slid open easily. Just like you open one of those Japanese fans, open up this trailer from under its protective shell and set up your mobile house. It’s as simple as that!

Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a sliding screen that encapsulates the house, to secure it and keep the elements at bay.

I have never done the trailer thing, but I know it must be fun to use one during those camping trips. If I were to get one, this would probably be it.

Designers: Stephanie Bellanger, Amaury Watine, François Gustin & David Dethoor

• Hello says:

Brilliant idea! Camping and in fact living too. I’ll start saving for it right now. Let me know if and when sold! 🙂

• Lars says:

Yes you would need the plumbing sections (bath and ktichen) over or near the trailer portion as they would be too heavy to slide. A recirculating marine or cartridge toilet would work well. The axle would have to be more central or you’ll be looking at 1000lb tongue weight. The legs would need to be more complex as the unit would wobble horribly when you walk or roll over in bed.

I own a TrailManor. ChaletRv and Aliner also make some innovative folding trailers.

• swati says:

what if it rains?

• hearingissweet says:

This is interesting, I see that there is a screen to protect from the elements…but what about protection from “peeping”in …is it see through like the picture leads me to believe? I sure hope not. Cool ideas. 🙂

• Austtin says:

I have not heard Doy since I was 9…does your mother know your using the computer little one?

• Austtin says:

Yea! How dare you guys give your opinion! What is wrong with you all?!

• Timong says:

• Sara says:

Wow I definitely want to have it. Perfect for going into town 🙂

• Jessica says:

This is just amazing, I wish they mass produce this idea, there’s no way I wouldn’t buy it!!

• Eon says:

Great concept. The concertina idea has merit I guess you could use the system that is used on articulated buses. So when can I buy one?