Tweaked Vinyl Player With Modern Perks

Self-confessed retro lover is here to tell you about this remarkable find! Bringing a modern-day charm to the long-forgotten LP player is the Zero. 1. It’s a CD Player that can also play the vinyl records. What’s really unique is that a system has been incorporated where the device is able to “read” the gaps between the tracks, memorize them, and make it selectable, quite like how you would do with a CD.

The modern-day advantages include a CD system with an auto-recording feature that will hold a terabyte of memory. Files supported include MP3, MP4, WAV etc. It’s been originally designed for the Italian company Brionvega.

The remote control, me on the rocking chair and Genesis on the Zero. 1 and I am set for the moment!

Designer: Francesco Cugusi & Roberto Strippoli

• -F. says:

So, is this an actual working device (or prototype) or is it one of those magical things that does everything because of “programming”?

I mean, I like a good concept as much as the next guy (and as far as I’m concerned, this is a pretty great concept) but I get a bit tired of those designs that consist of some good looks and a list of awesome stuff it could do if it were real, no matter practical or technical limitations.

• Lamah says:

Two obsolete formats in one device! All it’s missing is a tape deck.

• Spoon says:

Very witty Lamah, I have to agree. Love the facets on the shape tho. Thats all I got.

• FLX says:

Nice idea but the looks dont do it for me.
    Plus why do you have to open that gigantic lid everytime you want to change the tiny little cd.

• Wally says:

This blue sensitive buttons were cloned from HP’s laptops shortcuts.

• M.S.W. says:

This sounds like a idea that came from watching “The Wedding Singer”. In the scene where Julia asks if she can put a record on the new CD player her fiancee brought over. 😉

Now if one wants to play LP’s in high quality Laser fashion I would recommend they check into player at http://www.elpj.com/main.html ( Although it is quite the pricey bit of technoOCD.

• As a current record/cd user, this would actually be a very great thing for my place. Pull out some brandy, have a couple of mates over and spin some records while listening to some modern work as well.

‘If only, if only, the woodpecker sighs…’

• MAri says:

ma non è in vendita??
    Where can I buy it??

• MAri says:

ma non è in vendita??
    Where and How can I buy it??

• Kellen says:

Can I buy this anywhere?

• Laser treatment can also be used for hair removal, tattoo removal and to treat scars or hyper pigmentation. However
    it creates a subtle natural-looking result that doesn’t
    appear too overdone. Due to this scaring many people avoided plastic surgery unless it
    was necessary as in war injury cases.