File Under Robot Infrastructure

In Leeuwarden, Netherlands they enjoy the comforts of a robotic overlord controlling a road bridge.  It looks less like a bridge than a giant transformer crouching next to the river, holding down a thin spatula of road surface.  From the road lines on the bridge arm it looks like cars just drive over the entire surface of the thing.  It’s a smart solution for a small bridge, even though its size is a bit ungainly, and they somehow thought painting cute post-modern pastel colors was interesting.

Via Jalopnik

• Eric says:

Totally looks like something out of the movie Toys.

• brack says:

Predecessor or Cousin to Wall-E.

• Sam, Wisconsin says:

I love it.

The designer managed to turn an ugly mass of concrete that have a rough gigantic level of sheer force, into a cute pretty looking baby-like toy.

Pleasure for the eye. Good job. A+++++++

• Daniël says:

Like it
    Maybe I will have a look out there 😛

• Bob says:

Doesn´t look very practicle in use of space compaired to the current systems but it does look more impresive hehe.

• Daniël says:

Like it
    Maybe I will have a look out there 😛

• Cromagnum says:

I could see this appearing in a chase scene in a 007 Movie.

Bridge AKA Pancake Flipper.

• KwangErn says:

Awesome!! Gotta love the Netherlands…

• I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your sites really nice,
    keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back down the road.

Many thanks

• With the ocean in the horizon, capped with orange tones,
    it makes a great base to lighter tones of sunlight to captivate
    the viewer’s eye. In an ever increasingly fast-paced world, society has taken on an “on-demand” persona.
    These generally become “incentive” goals, giving the person a sense of excitement about doing
    them and “getting” the reward at the end.

• Celinda says:

” Well, If you are not really particular about whether the Kindle is new or not, you can browse e – Bay for used Kindles. As we all know that UPS or Fedex shipping charges can be anywhere from $5-15 for basic small packages, on up. Now the most noticeable ones to watch for are if they do sneeze and discharge is coming from their nostrils, cloudy eyes and any change in their droppings (feces).

• Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i
    subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable
    deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast
    offered bright clear idea

• Save аs а favorite, I love yoiur blog!

• Nikken says:

Once I felt more or less solid I peered around trying to spot my pals,
    but they were gone. The identical coaching has been given across the MLM
    sector over the past 60 years with virtually no
    modifications to keep pace with the present day internet era of
    marketing. For example, in Health Food Store, Sprouted whole wheat bread has:Sprouted organic whole wheat berries, filtered water, organic
    dates, wheat gluten, sea salt, organic raisins, pressed
    yeast, soy-based organic lecithin.

• Through the SM Foundation, solutions to social problems for
    health, education and spiritual assistance have been extended
    to people in remote areas, by way of mobile health and dental clinics,
    scholarship awards, and contributions for building public schools,
    Catholic chapels and youth centers. Commercial fuel delivery
    is a very important part of the logistics industry. (I didn’t get
    photos of any of the stuff I got, so you guys will
    have to wait to see all of that.

• 網站設計 says:

I’ve been surfing online more than threee houurs today, yet I never found any
    interesting article like yours. It iis pretty worth enough foor me.

Personally, if all site ownrrs and bloggers made good content as you did, thee net will be a lot mopre useful thyan ever
    before.

• device says:

2 helps within the allowed to remain headsets on the
    adequate manual. ” could be silently unknowingly a new innovative signifies. Wednesday days you’ve planned in order to complete.