Ring of Power, Except it Snitches on You

MHS Electronics has created the UV rays detector to measure and keep information about the time people spend under the sun to prevent skin and eyes diseases such as melanoma. If you think you can cheat, think again. All the information gets linked up with your doctor. The device comes in a ring form factor for easy wearability and because hands are the most exposed body part to the sun. To keep information synced and the ring charge, just place it on top of its USB powered dock.

Designers: Julien Bergignat & Laurence Charron-Huysecom

• zippyflounder says:

and your insurance carrier…dont forget them. I can see a e-mail, voice mail saying “please cancel your vacation plans as you have exceeded your quota of uv for this quarter, if you decide not to a increace in preimums and or account closeure is likely”.

• Keith says:

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this. There was a special on the Science Channel that described this very thing happening in the future, it was entertaining.

• In fact it’s coming more into reality a request by the medical corps, which wanted a way to accompany the patients. The Company MHS for which I work has designed the sensor. It is not for everyone but for people with a certain provision spre disease following treatment may affect their tolerance to UV. France (most of the time europe)and insurance support this type of medication … sorry for not thinking in the United States … should I do ? ๐Ÿ˜‰
    And it’s not a way to control people, just a way to help people!
    Designer are here to make the futur better not to for the worst!

• zippyflounder says:

Your heart is in the right place, and in reality we will likely have our dna coded to a lot of data bases, inclusive of insurance. The reailty is that its long past worring about,no stopping it. On the up side however there will be a wonderful market in dodges, ways of obscuring your true genitic details.

• Eric says:

All I can say is I wish it would actually look like that on the USB dock (when it’s plugged in.) That would be cool.

• lucy says:

Bien jouรฉ mec ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Brandon Bachman says:

How about putting it in your pocket. Eh? Eh? Anyone want to debate me on that?

• chae says:

im doing an assignmenton it ๐Ÿ˜€

• Jeremiah says:

The first thing I thought when I looked at this was: ring camera on one hand and shutter button on the other… But that would be just plain silly ๐Ÿ˜› (hella cool though -_- …)

• Eli says:

I would love to have one of these! Is there any chance of them actually being made. I prob would opt out of sending the info to my doc but would like to know how much UV exposure I am getting at work (I do glass blowing).