Smooth Sophisticated Smoking

When I think of pipe smoking, I imagine an older generation of men sitting around reading newspapers or conversing about times gone by. Yet with this new and sleek pipe design by Hakan Bogazpinar, I can see a much more hip, younger crowd partaking in its’ pleasures. Eolos is our modern day pipe. With a smooth, almost aerodynamic design, it looks the Ferrari for pipe smokers. With a built in filter replication indicator, the user can see that the nicotine level is too high and would need to change the filter. So if you like sleek and modern in your pipe then you just might fancy an Eolos.

Designer: Hakan Bogazpinar

• Mark says:

Ah finally, a smooth and sophisticated way of getting lung cancer…

• Scot says:

I enjoy pipe smoking, which has a fairly low risk on cancer. I am employed by a hospital that is overcrowded with obese patients. The most unhealthy activity is stuffing your face with refined sugars and saturated fats. Just like food tabacco should be enjoyed in moderation. If the product advertised here was a cheesecake I doubt it would draw so many negative remarks.

• Dixon says:

Kinda tough since pipesmokers very seldom inhale, Einstein.

• KL says:

where can i get one?

• powers says:

Actually, throat cancer; one doesn’t inhale pipe smoke. Finally a pipe to match that of PORSCHE DESIGN’s. Although, the only thing that irks me a little is the way the mouth bit rests on the table. While I was in school, a Korean guy named Daniel… Kim I think it was, in studio 1 did an absolutely brilliant flow form. It was heavily cantilevered where the light end – much like the pipe we have here – stretched and fell far out to aaaaaaalllmost touch the display surface.

• MS says:

Are you an idiot? Do you really think for one second that because you don’t *intentionally* inhale, that you’re not inhaling the smoke, mixed with air, that exits the pipe?

• carl says:

bringing cancer to a whole new generation.

idiot.

• enoo says:

Even without commenting on the “use” of this (yeah, cancer…), I can’t help but think it looks plain weird. Making a “smooth, almost aerodynamic design” pipe is like making cyber-looking carpet-slippers. There are things that can’t be modernized without looking odd.

• iSH says:

Making smoking look ‘cool’ ?!
    I thought that only existed in 1980’s ‘Cigarette from beyond the grave’ middle school movies.

I guess not, but seriously I don’t support anything that pretty much says ‘smoking makes you sophisticated’

• Online hry says:

I am not smoker but this design is beautiful.

• Kevin says:

beautiful but harm your body

• Harry says:

Ya know what smoking is a choice. If someone wants to smoke that’s their choice.

I like the design. I would be willing to buy one if it doesn’t cost $$$.
    Nice to see there are still people in the world that believe smoking isn’t the cause of all the diseases in the world. Sure smoking isn’t good for you but neither is breathing exhaust fumes every day.

• Viktor says:

Brilliant… and beautiful.
    the future of marijuana use….
    im sold.

• Ian says:

Way to rip off someone elses great design.

*sigh*

• Crystal says:

Studies have proven pipe smokers live longer than non smokers. Health isnt limited to the lungs. Or to the heart. Or to the throat. There is the mind, the spirit, the feeling of enjoying something. Pleasure. No, pipe smokers dont inhale. We get throat cancer so rarely it isnt even worth mentioning. But the anti’s have grabbed onto all they can to prove their agendas. They have been sold a bill of goods and they wont admit, or at least research, that they could be wrong. They enjoy the power of being the Big Brother.
    Sorry, I had to vent. I think I will go calm down doing something that relaxes me. My pipe. With Virginia tobacco, the stuff that won the revolutionary war, the stuff George Washington used as money to win that war.
    By the way, I am a woman. Me an Milicent Fenwick.
    OH…and that pipe? It will smoke like crap. tobacco burns down. Not up.

• Ekove says:

Jesus guys, this is a design form, not a smoking awareness club. If you’re against smoking, move on, nobody wants to hear you talking about lung cancer. Smoking is a choice, and we do much worse things to our bodies every day that we don’t talk about because they media don’t exaggerate as much as smoking.

As for the design, beautiful but as the person above me stated, tobacco burns down. Unless despite the stick being on the upper part it has a tunnel that connects to the base rather than the top, it’d work but there’s no section drawing to suggest that.

• sean says:

the future generation will be using this to smoke weed. Don’t worry about cancer, weed smoke kills the bad cells before they mutate into cancer 🙂

• Inspiring concept and the test will prove if also a good smoker.GREAT WORK.
    P.S. TO ALL SMOKERS AND NON
    Enlightened thoughts ,wise decisions.
    ————————————-
    if you only knew?

• Oscar says:

Simpletons.. You don’t have a choice to smoke or not to smoke… YOUR ADDICTED!Why don’t you stream line the hypodermic syringe for smack heads.

• kseekeane says:

I would offer that to my mate… he loves those kind of design gadgets… smoke with class…

• GRR says:

This is a beautiful design. Love it.

For God’s sake- you antismokers need find a REAL cause. Everyone knows smoking excessively is as bad as drinking too much or eating too much. How does it feel to state the obvious as though you’re revealing some great wisdom?

• GRR says:

This is a beautiful design. Love it.

• Mario Roberts says:

Hi YD rep. I am a pipe smoker and am delighted to view your modern day concept of what pipe smokers should be smoking. Love your "eolos" design. How can I procure one? Always enjoy touring the latest desings from YD. Thanks.
    Very respectfully, Mario

• Mario Roberts says:

Hi YD rep. I am a pipe smoker and am delighted to view your modern day concept of what pipe smokers should be smoking. Love your “eolos” design. How can I procure one? Always enjoy touring the latest desings from YD. Thanks.
    Very respectfully, Mario

• jh says:

I started smoking pipes because of this beautiful design some days ago. Want to own this thing. Build and sell it please!

• Alex says:

i want this thing!

• Derek says:

Where’s the ‘buy now’ link?!
    This is exactly what I want!

• Why don’t you turn this product into a modern pipe with the same technique as electrical cigarettes. Then you have a really commercial product. No need of tobacco. But for people that want something nice in their hand to smoke.

• electricspine says:

To all of the anti-smokers, more than 1 MEDICAL study showed that pipe smokers live longer due to the fact that it lowers your stress level (in most). We all understand the risk of cancer but we do not live in a bubble. Back to the study: Less stress adds life. There are all types of people who own pipes, weather you just collect,sell or enjoy a nice aromatic or latika. Please be an adult here because most of us are grown men and do not care to hear the crap! I almost forgot, I would like one of these pipe to enjoy like the rest. God Bless You…

• Gael says:

Hello,
    Does this pipe really exist ?
    Where could I get it ?
    Thanks for answer.

• Dmnhntr86 says:

My addicted what? Seriously though, I smoke my pipe about twice a month, which does not fit the definition of an addiction.

• mark says:

so how do you buy ?????????

• stanley baughman says:

I have a pipe designconcept. I have been smoking a pipe for 15 years. I got the idea of having it made but, don’t know how. I need to knoe if you can help me?