Like Peas in a Pod

The Pea Speaker system is bound to be costly, incurring damages from being tossed around, but that’s what designer Lu Le wants – a playful way to share music. Each pod holds 7 wireless bluetooth speakers. Only one possesses the one ring to rule them all because it controls global volume. Each sphere is powered by a lithium ion rechargeable via induction when placed in the pod. The system doesn’t do surround sound since it can’t separate channels, but it’s a good way to fill a large area with a mixed stereo track. Snazzy!

Designer: Lu Le

Tags

• Martin Sundquist says:

:O

Where can I buy this sweet, sweet speaker?

(By the way thanks for a great website, loving it)

• zippyflounder says:

how is the better than a dolby 5.1 system? please entighten me.

• James says:

How about the idea that you can bring them anywhere, put the lil spheres anywhere, and TADA!

They’re conversation pieces.

• Conall says:

Do all the speakers charge at once, or will the induction charge only work for the bottom speaker?

• Fraser Lu says:

All the speakers can charge at once.There are some coils in the transparent containers.

• Rubab says:

Looks different..

• deanween8 says:

great idea. i had this concept for a remote control that has peas coming out of the “Seed pod” once, but it IS completely impractical and having a stereo soundtrack everywhere and no surround sound will create no balance at all, being too loud in areas where sound needs to be soft.

• what about a pee speaker? where it makes music when you pee?

• IGreenSpot says:

it looks like i’m going to lose one of those speaker sooner or later …

• Dan says:

“Each pod holds 7 wireless bluetooth speakers.”

7 Bluetooth speakers per ball??? Wouldn’t just 1 bluetooth chip and 7 speakers wired up to the chip be sufficient? It would totally bring down the cost of something like this… and be easier to manufacture for sure… not to mention set up…>.>

• Natovr says:

Cool! This can be used in large gatherings too 😀 or a house. I love it, just wondering how much each costs

Stumbled!

• Natovr says:

@Dan You don’t understand. Speaker = pea. Pod = the the long thing. and each pea has a bluetooth speaker inside it. Which basically means the Pod has 7 peas.

• Jim says:

“doesn’t do surround” = Fail. I don’t care how snazzy it looks..
    things this needs:

An interface to assign channels to the speakers, have it show up as 8 2 channel BT speakers.
    Magnetic or clip Cup wall mounts? maybe W/power?
    a .1 mega pea?

Overall “Cute but Useless(tm)”. 2 channel audiophiles will scoff. mutli channel ones will skip.

• chris says:

I wonder what the range is?

These could be cool for a little security service. Think CIA wanna be’s. Or bar security at a nightclub, etc..

Or maybe an announcement system for a group of paintballers.

• Bluetooth has a decent range for what it is: About two or three mid-sized rooms.

Using it as an announcement system for outdoor activities would require cellular versus Wifi or Bluetooth, however.

• Despingator says:

WHy the hell does not do Surround? Can’t separate track WTF. There’s enough Wireless Networking technology to solve that problem easily. Anything else and this is just mental masturbation.

• loozegear says:

Absolutely beautiful do they have a rechargeable system or is it just thro away battery’s

• Site wonderful. Whenever I need something new to visit that site. Here is everything that is top of the line.

Aracaju-Sergipe/Brazil

Aracaju-Sergipe/Brazil

• durr says:

You people really don’t get it.

This isn’t about some sad audiophile sitting around by himself trying to get MAXIMUM FIDELITY.

This is about having some people over and playing catch, or juggling speakers while they play music, or rolling them down the hallway all at once. Then maybe kissing somebody later.

You know, fun stuff. Hence the word ‘playful’ in the description. Those of you who are worried about how it compares to Dolby 5.1 are really tragically clueless. Newsflash, it’s not always about the datasheet.

• GOD himself says:

WHY do u keep deleting my posts!! death to u all 😀

• GOD himself says:

GOD aka methinks that this may sound ok but looks absolutely awful. made me feel sick.. i wuldntpersonalyy get 1. but maybe you are all blind

😀

• God himself says:

GOD aka me thinks that this may sound ok but looks absolutely awful. made me feel sick.. i wuldnt personalyy get 1. but maybe you are all blind

• kyena says:

i want one… from where can i get one… and how much does it cost

• sing long says:

Where can i get one of these? i have eight children and i wish to leave one of them out. He is very annoying and i want him to feel as miserable as possible.

• Avail1204 says:

Hahaha this is the best thing I have read in a long time! Awesome post Sing Long. I commend you.

• sing long says:

Oh my bad. I thought this was 7 separate speakers. I

• absolutely beautiful! i take my hat off to this lovely idea, you just need to incorporate that ‘key finder’ device that makes a noise when you whistle so you dont lose them all!

• Aroo? says:

wouldnt turning the speaker on and playing music out of it work? instead of wasting time and resources installing a finder thing?

• wunderbar!!! i must have them

• Surround sound is possible with this. All you need is a triangulation device so the speakers know where you're facing, thus allowing them to shift the audio accordingly. The controls should be on the base or in a wireless remote, not a specific “needle-in-a-hay-stack” sphere.

Make them tougher and better and you'll have my money.

• Surround sound is possible with this. All you need is a triangulation device so the speakers know where you’re facing, thus allowing them to shift the audio accordingly. The controls should be on the base or in a wireless remote, not a specific “needle-in-a-hay-stack” sphere.

Make them tougher and better and you’ll have my money.

• my name is god for t says:

wtf do scientist waste thre time on if they tried this hard on to find a cure thre wouldnt be any diese in this world

• my name is god for today says:

• Tim says:

It’s a cool speaker design…it has nothing to do with medical. There are plenty of scientist working hard each day in the medical field.

• Dan says:

Please let this be possible soon! that is such a cool idea, i want it! im drooling ahh lil speakers balls

• These are superb!

• dan says:

Cool idea, I wonder if the novelty would wear off?

• alonzo says:

does anybody know how much it costs and where to get it??

• Soundie says:

This looks awesome. Also boo to everyone who is complaining about surround sound. Do you think that an average person who knows very little about sound and how speakers work would be able to set them up around the room so it sounds good. At least actual ones have diagrams and such. And without a device that allows it to set itself, the person would have to assign each speaker themselves, which I feel may not work well.

Love, love, love. So fun.

• Many says:

This is wow..from where you get ideas guys?

• Many says:

This is wow..from where you get ideas guys?

• This is superb and innovative as well.

• This is superb and innovative as well.

• Great article. I want some mad speakers now! ARGH

• me says:

i am completely in love with this idea.

• SakuraKaminari says:

OMG WILL I EVER BE ABLE TO BUY THESE? R THEY AVAILABLE YET? PRICEPOINT? WHERE? OMG DETAILS!!!

• Shanna says:

How do I buy these?

• andrew says:

Guys I think I could make this

• andrew says:

Guys I think I could make this!!!

• Very cute idea. Now a Lego-type speakers, media player and charger would be even better.