FOLLO Me

Free flowing functionality is what you get with FOLLO a design by Will MacCormac for WMD. An elegant washbasin that can be used both commercially and domestically. FOLLO is the perfect addition to the health conscious hotels, clubs and other establishments. Designed with a slightly curved bowl to reduce splashing, FOLLO also contains a unique and practical drainage system resulting in less standing water creating a cleaner and healthier surface. The FOLLO washbasin is available in a range of sizes perfect for many different types of establishments.

Designer: Will MacCormac

• Juano says:

In spanish, FOLLO means I fuck. And FOLLO Me, I fuck myself…

So for latin markets they should find another name. As Mitsubishi did with Pajero (Wanker in spanish), that is called Montero in Spain 😉

• eric says:

those slits don’t seem nearly big enough to drain all the water

• Brian says:

Looks difficult to clean.

• Juano says:

OK, to avoid censorship, check what the name means in spanish…

• Will says:

Thanks for the comments- The grooves work in a similar way to a kitchen sink drainer, excess water will be reduced on the flat area around the bowl. The groove section is a V profile with a soft radius and on average about 5mm deep and 16mm wide so I promise the unit is easy to wipe down. I carried the grooves into the bowl for purely aesthetic reasons. Juano, I had no idea about the spanish meaning- but maybe it would sell well in S America?

W

• Pirauá says:

At least in Brazil there should be no problems. That name has no meaning in portuguese. But most of the countries in South America speaks spanish. Besides that I must say such an elegant design deserve a better name.

• Pirauá says:

• beleita says:

¿y cómo se tapa el sumidero?

• Juano says:

Beleita, no tiene pinta de estar pensado para taponar la salida, pero llegado el caso es fácil poner un bloqueo con un mando o bien integrado en la grifería o bien junto a esta…

Will, wherever they speak spanish the name will bring jokes over it. And if someone buys it, they will not want others to know its vulgar name for such a fancy product…

• Will says:

Thanks, well its one way to get attention in spanish markets

the name was just a simplification of ‘Follow’ – which I thought suited the aesthetics of the product and didnt sound too pretentious. I have a girl in HK helping with my marketing and she was..well quite shocked at the spanish meaning “Are you sure????” she said today

• Juano says:

100%

• James says:

I like the design. My wife is Indian and typically in an Indian house you have a wash basin in a location close to the dining room to wash before and after eating (we eat with our hands). This would be perfect for this location as there is no need for standing water.