Sip Of Light

Preface; reading in the dark is bad people – like really bad. Students are especially notorious for this act. I know studying in the dark seems like a good idea because it makes you feel “cozy” but com’on, give your eyeballs a break. If you hate desk lamps that much, try the Sip of Light straw. Bend it to turn it on, straighten it to turn it off. Oh and keep drinking that caffeine. It’ll help you stay alert.

Designer: Sang-Hoon Lee, Sung-Kyu Nam & Su-Jung Kim

• What I like about the concept is that you would not look weird walking with your personal lamp.

• Diana says:

GREAT find – so neat!!

• Bobby says:

A really fun idea, but reading in the dark isn’t actually bad for you ; )

• Sang Hoon Lee says:

Hey~! Brother ~
    This design is ours.
    You and me and she.
    I really want you to put the names together.

• What a cute our Kyu!!

• quite ineteresting! 🙂

• Shiella says:

Wow…That’s interesting…But I still can’t imagine how we still could use the straw to drink.

• Sung-kyu,Nam says:

Our team member is
    Sung-kyu,Nam + Sang-hoon,Lee + Soo-jung,Kim

I’m glad to be introduced our work to here.

• Rewarp says:

Perhaps personalised versions of these can go a long way to encouraging the use of re-usable straws.

• carl says:

rubbish idea, so i have to walk round all day carrying a useless item, then wait till it goes dark to use it? derr this is worthless. why dont i just turn on the light..!?

• xXblahXx says:

what if you accidentally throw it out…? >.<

• Rhea says:

This idea is sweet but completely ridiculous. Would you like to explain to me how this would be manufactured? what powers the LED? how the hell could you drink from a straw that has a led inside in it? For a LED to be powered it has to have a electrical source which I can’t see in your rendering or diagram. Also for a LED to be powered to give out that amount of light would take alot of current (which again I cant see a source from…). It doesnt look like you’ve even made a housing for the LED so it is serparted from the liquid? Also how is this ‘switch’ supposed to be made so it too doesnt interfere with drinking? THe only way this idea would work is if you CANNOT drink from the straw, the housing is just too small to fit all the components needed for it. sorry but i’d perfer to get my ass up and turn on a light rather than drink something that in all likly hood will be carrying a electric current.

• nan says: