Fresh out of the oven OVEN…

Electrolux introduced today a new concept in oven design that they say will revolutionize the way we cook our meat. Taking a design cue from BMW’s iDrive and Apple’s iPhone one-button-to-rule-them-all page of industrial design. The “Inspiro” is the “first oven that automatically determines the right way to cook a dish to consistently achieve the desired result.” My grandfather would have called that a “wife”. Oh how times have changed…thankfully. Inside there are two fans spreading heat evenly and quickly and guaranteeing a perfect meal*.

*results may vary.

Designer: Electrolux [ Via: Gizmodo ]

How does it work?
To cook a lamb joint, for example, select the category “roasting” via the touch control, then choose whether the joint should be rare, medium or well done. The oven indicates which level to put the tray on – in a cold oven.

From that cold start, Inspiro calculates the energy consumption and time needed to raise the temperature of the meat to the desired level. That information is then combined with its database of professional cooking techniques to calculate what combination of heating modes is required (top, bottom, side, hot air, or grill) to ensure the desired result.

When the cooking sequence is finished, the oven stops, and alerts the chef that the food is ready.

• cafenitro says:

I’m almost a vegetarian…so I’m against this.

• whatknows says:

How does this differ from the MasterChef series of ovens from Miele?

• Voellf Esterhazi says:

Dear Vegan wann-be,
    Not everything revolves around you. The next time you feel the need to express yourself on something that has absolutely nothing to do with you… let it go.

• Matt Hall says:

I’m against ‘almost’ vegetarians!
    But I do love good design. However, I’m not quite sure why they chose to make this look like a camera. If it was a camera, I’d want it!

• Peter Kirkwood says:

Was this supposed to be an April 1 post? Since when do ovens have “AutoFocus”? What a crock.

• foodcert says:

cooking has become so easy,haha

• Cooking is now really so easy !! Electrolux pleas bring something for the vegetarians too

• Hey there would you mind letting me know which web host you’re working
    with? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 completely different browsers
    and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most. Can
    you suggest a good hosting provider at a reasonable price? Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!